10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2002 6:05 AM by Sacha Labourey

JBoss Clustering/Farming problem!,Plz help!!!

giridhar Newbie

Hello all,
      i am trying to start JBoss instance across a linux cluster & i get the foll msg:

00:24:52,659 INFO [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [3.0.0 Date:200205311035] Started in 1m:17s:412ms
      00:28:13,600 INFO [DefaultPartition:ReplicantManager] in membershipChanged
      00:28:13,601 INFO [DefaultPartition:ReplicantManager] deadMembers: 0
      00:28:13,601 INFO [DefaultPartition:ReplicantManager] There are new members. Spawning MergeMembers thread.
      00:28:14,179 WARN [DefaultPartition:ReplicantManager] mergeMembers received NULL from lookupLocalReplicants

I also tried specifying the PartitionProperties attribute & i specified the IP addrs also of the machines taking part in cluster.I am also trying to deploy a sar file across the cluster, by dropping the sar file in /deploy/farm & i have the farm-service.xml file in all machines across the cluster.Still nothing happens.

Plz help me!,
      Thank you all,
      Giri

• 1. Re: JBoss Clustering/Farming problem!,Plz help!!!
          Thomas Peuss Newbie

Please use JBoss 3.0.3 for testing. JBoss 3.0.0 has some bugs with clustering.

CU
          Thomas

• 2. Re: JBoss Clustering/Farming problem!,Plz help!!!
            giridhar Newbie

Hello,
            I tried using JBoss3.0.3.But still i haveto explicitly specify the IP addrs of the machines in cluster-service.xml(Automatic discovery does'nt seem to work).If i specify like that then the cluster seems to work fine(cluster view is updated dynamically).But Farming is not working at all.There is absloutely no msg also to deploy the sar file in the other cluster members.Is there any thing iam missing for Farming.I have the farm-service.xml file across all machines in cluster & i have dropped a sar file in /deploy/farm directory in one member.If anyone has come across the same situation & successfully fixed it , Pl let me know as i have already wasted two days in this.

Thank you all,
            Giri

• 3. Re: JBoss Clustering/Farming problem!,Plz help!!!
              giridhar Newbie

Hello,
              I tried using jboss3.0.3.I find it no better than jboss3.0.0.I have to still explicitly specify the IP addresses of the machines in the cluster(linux cluster) in cluster-service.xml file & only if i do so the members are discovering each other.the auto discovery does'nt seem to work.Also Farming is not working at all.I have farm-service.xml file in all machines & i have dropped a sar file in /deploy/farm dir of one machine.It is not getting deployed on other machines.Anyone who has come across the same situation & fixed it, pl help me as i have already wasted 2 days in this.

Thank you,
              Giri

• 4. Re: JBoss Clustering/Farming problem!,Plz help!!!
                giridhar Newbie

Hello,
                I tried using jboss3.0.3.I find it no better than jboss3.0.0.I have to still explicitly specify the IP addresses of the machines in the cluster(linux cluster) in cluster-service.xml file & only if i do so the members are discovering each other.the auto discovery does'nt seem to work.Also Farming is not working at all.I have farm-service.xml file in all machines & i have dropped a sar file in /deploy/farm dir of one machine.It is not getting deployed on other machines.Anyone who has come across the same situation & fixed it, pl help me as i have already wasted 2 days in this.

Thank you,
                Giri

• 5. Re: JBoss Clustering/Farming problem!,Plz help!!!
                  giridhar Newbie

Hello,

Thank you,
                  Giri

• 6. Re: JBoss Clustering/Farming problem!,Plz help!!!
                    giridhar Newbie

Hello,

Thank you,
                    Giri

• 7. Re: JBoss Clustering/Farming problem!,Plz help!!!
                      giridhar Newbie

Hello,

Thank you,
                      Giri

• 8. Re: JBoss Clustering/Farming problem!,Plz help!!!
                        giridhar Newbie

Hello,
                        I updated to Jboss3.0.3.Still the same problems:
                        1.the nodes are not discovering each other automatically.I have explicitly specify the Ip addrs in cluster-service.xml
                        2.Farming is not working at all.
                        If anyone knows the solution pl let me know asap.I have already wasted 2 days on this.
                        thanks,
                        giri

• 9. Re: JBoss Clustering/Farming problem!,Plz help!!!
                          Thomas Peuss Newbie

> I updated to Jboss3.0.3.Still the same problems:
                          > 1.the nodes are not discovering each other
                          > automatically.I have explicitly specify the Ip addrs
                          > in cluster-service.xml

JBoss is using multicast-IP for discovery. Something in your setup drops multicast-IP-packets (many routers drop them).

> 2.Farming is not working at all.
                          > If anyone knows the solution pl let me know asap.I
                          > have already wasted 2 days on this.
                          > thanks,

I can't help you there because we don't use the farming feature.

CU
                          Thomas

• 10. Re: JBoss Clustering/Farming problem!,Plz help!!!
                            Sacha Labourey Master

please show us your cluster-service.xml file. How are your nodes configured wrt network? Are they multi-homed (more than one IP address per host?)