4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2002 4:41 PM by gdhar21

JBoss Farming still not working!

gdhar21

Hello,
      I tried using jboss3.0.3.I find it no better than jboss3.0.0.I have to still explicitly specify the IP addresses of the machines in the cluster(linux cluster) in cluster-service.xml file & only if i do so the members are discovering each other.the auto discovery does'nt seem to work.Also Farming is not working at all.I have farm-service.xml file in all machines & i have dropped a sar file in /deploy/farm dir of one machine.It is not getting deployed on other machines.Anyone who has come across the same situation & fixed it, pl help me as i have already wasted 2 days in this.

Thank you,
      Giri

• 1. Re: JBoss Farming still not working!
          slaboure

CAN YOU PLEASE STOP SENDING 3 TIMES THE SAME MESSAGE!!! THIS DOES NOT MOTIVATE ME TO ANSWER *AT ALL*!!!

THERE IS ALREADY ANOTHER THREAD THAT YOU STARTED WHERE PEOPLE ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. EVEN IN THIS THREAD, YOU POST SEVERAL TIMES YOUR RESPONSES.

Thank you. Regards,

Sacha

• 2. Re: JBoss Farming still not working!
            springy

Hi,

The /deploy/farm directory is wrong. The farm directory must live under the /all directory. Try $JBOSS_HOME/server/all/farm. I have got it working like this.

I must admit it is confusing but I found one piece of documentation that made it clear. Check it out here: http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/07/10/jboss.html?page=2

Tim

• 3. Re: JBoss Farming still not working!
              gdhar21

Hi,Thanks for the reply.Even after making the change, i get the following msg & farming still doesnt work.

02:11:45,548 INFO [STDOUT] MethodCall.invoke(): found no method called farmDepl oyments in class org.jboss.ha.framework.server.FarmMemberService with [
              02:11:45,549 INFO [STDOUT] ] formal parameters

Thanks,
              Giridhar G

• 4. Re: JBoss Farming still not working!
                gdhar21

Hello,
                When i try to do farming i get the following msg:

15:51:46,869 INFO [FarmMemberService] Starting
                15:51:47,008 INFO [FarmMemberService] **** pullNewDeployments ****
                15:51:47,377 INFO [FarmMemberService] Could not find parent: farm for deploymen t: org.jboss.ha.framework.server.FarmMemberServiceMBean$FileContent@1eec35, data : Sun Oct 13 15:51:34 EDT 2002
                15:51:47,379 INFO [FarmMemberService] Started

Is there any bug in FarmMemberService class.I am using jboss-3.0.3.

Thank you,
                Giridhar G