0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2005 4:19 PM by tnine

Dynamic Partition Name in jboss.xml

tnine

Hello,
      First I would like to give some background on our configuration. We have 4 environments. There are Dev, test, stage, prod, each with its own respective partition name. Currently all environments have two jboss nodes in a partition. The dev and test environments run on the same machine, so we are utilizing the Service Binding Manager, to keep our environment configuration as clean as possible. My question is the following. Is it possible to use the service binding manager, or any other method, to declare the partition name in the EJB dynamically? I have posted an ?example? of what I am trying to accomplish general idea below, similar to the configuration syntax of jboss-service.xml.

<jboss>
       <enterprise-beans>
       <session>
       <ejb-name>ejb/ProfileServiceFacadeBean</ejb-name>
       <jndi-name>ejb/ProfileServiceFacadeBean</jndi-name>
       <clustered>True</clustered>
       <cluster-config>
       <partition-name>${profileservice.partition}</partition-name>
       <home-load-balance-policy>org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.RoundRobin</home-load-balance-policy>
       <bean-load-balance-policy>org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.RoundRobin</bean-load-balance-policy>
       </cluster-config>
       </session>
       <session>
       <ejb-name>ejb/ProfileServiceTransactionLocalBean</ejb-name>
       <jndi-name>ejb/ProfileServiceTransactionLocalBean</jndi-name>
       <clustered>True</clustered>
       <cluster-config>
       <partition-name>${profileservice.partition}</partition-name>
       <home-load-balance-policy>org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.RoundRobin</home-load-balance-policy>
       <bean-load-balance-policy>org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.RoundRobin</bean-load-balance-policy>
       </cluster-config>
       </session>
       </enterprise-beans>
      </jboss>

If this is not possible, can we just use a different multicast port for the UDP packets in the different environments and use the same partition name across all environments? We are currently checking out our branch and building a new deployment for each environment. We would much rather build a single binary, and promote it from dev to production without the need to manually change the partition name.