1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2005 7:49 AM by jerrygauth

migration from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3SP1, HA-JNDI not working anymor

db__

Hi,
      I just upgraded my server from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3SP1 now HA-JNDI is not working anymore...
      I can't figure out why because the cluster default partition says it relys on JNDI on port 1100.
      and HA-JNDI is starting but somewhat stall, maybe because it's depending on defaultpartition.
      is this crossdependency?
      however the configuration is the default one... doesn't it work out of the box?
      I Installed through the installer, enabled all services. and secured everything that was available. Maybe they can't reach each other anymore?...
      here is the server.log...
      -----
      2005-12-16 11:24:26,044 DEBUG [org.jboss.ha.jndi.HANamingService] Created jboss:service=HAJNDI
      ------
      which seems to be ok. But port 1100 isn't bind if I check it with lsof or sockstat.

and because it's not bind.
      --------------
      javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: localhost:1100 and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out] [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1100 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]]]
      --------------
      any hints about this issue?
      regards,
      Dennis

• 1. Re: migration from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3SP1, HA-JNDI not working an

HAJNDI should work out of the box. in the default configuration for the "all" server.

There's no cross-dependency between DefaultPartition and HAJNDI as the latter depends on the former, not vice-versa.

You can try relocating HAJNDI to a different port to see if the problem persists on the new port. The HAJNDI port is specified by the Port attribute in the HAJNDI configuration, located in ../deploy/cluster-service.xml.