6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2007 10:12 AM by brian.stansberry

Running JBoss with run -c all reboots Windows XP

pshankar

Running jboss with clustering option reboots Windows XP any clue.

• 1. Re: Running JBoss with run -c all reboots Windows XP
          brian.stansberry

I can't reproduce this using the steps posted on the JIRA. Does this consistently fail in the creation of the juddi service?

• 2. Re: Running JBoss with run -c all reboots Windows XP
            pshankar

Yes it does consistently failing on JUDDI service

• 3. Re: Running JBoss with run -c all reboots Windows XP
              brian.stansberry

If you enable TRACE logging for category org.jboss.jaxr.juddi, is anything further logged after DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator] About to create bean: jboss:service=juddi with code: org.jboss.jaxr.juddi.JUDDIService?

All that's going on between the logging of that message and the normal subsequent message is instantiation of the object and registration with the JMX server. The instantiation is very straightforward; just initialize a bunch of boolean fields and a few others to null. Most complex thing is creating a logger. There's nothing special about the JMX registration for this service either.

• 4. Re: Running JBoss with run -c all reboots Windows XP
                pshankar

I have tried the same in my friend's PC and found that the problem lies in the JDK.

JBoss cluster option reboot the XP when used in conjunction with JDK. I checked my friend's jboss log and found his JUDDI never failed. The system started rebooting after it joined the Cluster/GMS/JGroup channel.

I will get the details of the log after I get to work.

• 5. Re: Running JBoss with run -c all reboots Windows XP
                  pshankar

"pshankar" wrote:
                  I have tried the same in my friend's PC and found that the problem lies in the JDK.

JBoss cluster option reboot the XP when used in conjunction with JDK[1.5._06 and above]. I checked my friend's jboss log and found his JUDDI never failed. The system started rebooting after it joined the Cluster/GMS/JGroup channel.

I will get the details of the log after I get to work. I am pretty sure the probjem lies in JDK. I downgraded my JDK and everything seem to be running fine. But in reality regarding the DST fix in Java I have to use JDK 1.5.0_06 and above at some point.
                  As of now the development server is our machine where we can upgrade/downgrade at our will.

• 6. Re: Running JBoss with run -c all reboots Windows XP
                    brian.stansberry

I've been off over the holidays; just back.

"pshankar" wrote:
                    We were able to constantly reproduce the issue with Java JDK 1.5.0_10 and java 1.5.0.09-b3
                    Please verify. No problems in JVM before. The problem lies in the GMS transport apis/dlls in conjunction with the JDK 09 and above.

Hmm. When I was trying to reproduce I was running Sun JDK 1.5.-_10.

Why do you say it lies in the GMS transport apis/dlls? Sounds like you've found something that will help me isolate the issue. Are you referring to JGroups GMS?