1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2008 12:26 PM by brian.stansberry

Integration testing clustered applications

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for our problem but here it is anyway:

We're using JBoss 4.2.2GA in a clustered environment. We use SEAM 2.0.0. Everything works more or less fine, but when we ran the automated integration tests, the microkernel spat this out:

java.lang.annotation.AnnotationFormatError: Invalid default: public abstract java.lang.Class org.jboss.annotation.ejb.Clustered.loadBalancePolicy()

This is because we have @Clustered annotations in our session beans.
      If I supply the jar that contains the load balance policy classes it complains about not finding

org.jboss.cache.eviction.EvictionPolicyConfig

As I understand it, this class *was* in jboss-cache.jar but it isn't anymore. If I remove the @Clustered annotations the tests run just fine.

How do I run integration tests on clustered applications in general.

• 1. Re: Integration testing clustered applications
          brian.stansberry

Are you using the all config? How are you packaging things? The load balance policy classes should already be on the classpath; don't see why you'd need to add them.

The org.jboss.cache.eviction.EvictionPolicyConfig class was removed in JBoss Cache 2.0. But AS 4.2.2 runs with JBC 1.4.1. Are you packaging JBC 2.x in your deployment?