1 Reply Latest reply on May 1, 2009 10:56 AM by brian.stansberry

Cluster and SSL (JRMPInvokerHA and RMISSLServerSocketFactory

carbonch

Hello everybody

I'm trying to set up a cluster with SSL. I made my own container-configuration extended from "Clustered Stateless SessionBean" and added the SSL stuff as you can see below

<container-configurations>
       <container-configuration extends="Clustered Stateless SessionBean">
       <container-name>MY_CONTAINER_NAME</container-name>
       <invoker-proxy-binding-name>my-invoker-proxy-binding-name</invoker-proxy-binding-name>
       </container-configuration>
       </container-configurations>

<invoker-proxy-bindings>

<invoker-proxy-binding>
       <name>my-invoker-proxy-binding-name</name>
       <invoker-mbean>jboss:service=invoker,type=jrmpha,socketType=SSL</invoker-mbean>
       <proxy-factory>org.jboss.proxy.ejb.ProxyFactoryHA</proxy-factory>
       <proxy-factory-config>
       <client-interceptors>
       <home>
       <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.ejb.HomeInterceptor</interceptor>
       <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor</interceptor>
       <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor</interceptor>
       <interceptor call-by-value="false">org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
       <interceptor call-by-value="true">org.jboss.invocation.MarshallingInvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
       </home>
       <bean>
       <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.ejb.StatelessSessionInterceptor</interceptor>
       <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor</interceptor>
       <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor</interceptor>
       <interceptor call-by-value="false">org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
       <interceptor call-by-value="true">org.jboss.invocation.MarshallingInvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
       </bean>
       </client-interceptors>
       </proxy-factory-config>
       </invoker-proxy-binding>

</invoker-proxy-bindings>

... and the service...

<mbean code="org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvokerHA"
       name="jboss:service=invoker,type=jrmpha,socketType=SSL">
       <attribute name="ServerAddress">${jboss.bind.address}</attribute>
       <attribute name="RMIObjectPort">14445</attribute>
       <attribute name="RMIClientSocketFactory">org.jboss.security.ssl.RMISSLClientSocketFactory</attribute>
       <attribute name="RMIServerSocketFactory">org.jboss.security.ssl.RMISSLServerSocketFactory</attribute>
       <attribute name="SecurityDomain">java:/jaas/MY-SSL</attribute>
       <depends>jboss:service=Naming</depends>
       <depends>jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityDomain,domain=MY-SSL</depends>
      </mbean>

If I'm trying to look up my beans the client just hangs. Did I miss something? It works fine if I disable SSL by removing the attributes "RMIClientSocketFactory" and "RMIServerSocketFactory". Is the combination of JRMPInvokerHA and RMISSLServerSocketFactory possible or is there a special factory for HA?

By the way, I'm still using JBoss 4.0.3 SP1.

Thank you for your hints.

kindest regards,
      Reto

• 1. Re: Cluster and SSL (JRMPInvokerHA and RMISSLServerSocketFac
          brian.stansberry

I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work differently with org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvokerHA than it does with the non-clustered org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker.

As a diagnostic exercise, if you tweak your config to base it off the non-clustered "Standard Stateless SessionBean" and base your invoker config off of conf/jboss-service.xml's "jboss:service=invoker,type=jrmp" bean, does it work?