2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2009 5:39 AM by Thomas Heute

Porlet Skin Definition

Rajkumar Chandran Newbie

Hi,

Can you please give configuration steps to add a SKIN to the portlet and explain how it is being mapped to the portlet?

I was not able to find how the invocation place for the SkinConfigScript groovy script file.

"web\WEB-INF\conf\script\groovy\SkinConfigScript.groovy"

And please explain the parameters used in the skin config script file while adding a skin.

SkinService.addSkin(
      "web/BannerPortlet",
      "Default",
      "/web/skin/portal/webui/component/UIBannerPortlet/DefaultStylesheet.css",
      ServletContext
      ) ;

• 1. Re: Porlet Skin Definition
          Rajkumar Chandran Newbie

I tired simulating the bannerportlet and ended up in this below given exception..

I don't why my configured path is NOT used to invoke the CSS file.
          SkinServer class determins the file name as "DefaultStylesheet-lt.css" with "-lt" at the end of the filename.

When I access the CSS file from the browser, i'm getting HTTP 404 error.
          http://localhost:8080/DeveloperPortlet/skin/portlet/DevBannerPortlet/DefaultStylesheet.css

SkingConfigScript.groovy

SkinService.addSkin(
          "DeveloperPortlet/DevBannerPortlet",
          "Default",
          "/DeveloperPortlet/skin/portlet/DevBannerPortlet/DefaultStylesheet.css",
          ServletContext
          ) ;

CSS file location inside WebContent
          /skin/portlet/DevBannerPortlet/DefaultStylesheet.css

StackTrace
          18:28:14,149 ERROR [portal:ResourceRequestFilter] Could not render css /DeveloperPortlet/skin/portlet/DevBannerPortlet/DefaultStylesheet-lt.css
          java.lang.NullPointerException
          at org.exoplatform.portal.skin.MainResourceResolver.resolve(MainResourceResolver.java:65)
          at org.exoplatform.portal.skin.SkinService.processCSS(SkinService.java:353)
          at org.exoplatform.portal.skin.SkinService.renderCSS(SkinService.java:301)
          at org.exoplatform.portal.application.ResourceRequestFilter.doFilter(ResourceRequestFilter.java:150)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
          at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:235)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
          at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:190)
          at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:92)
          at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.process(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:126)
          at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:70)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
          at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
          at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
          at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:330)
          at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:829)
          at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:598)
          at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)

Please help me in resolving this issue..

• 2. Re: Porlet Skin Definition
            Thomas Heute Master

First you should check why you get this 404.

Make sure it's really packaged in your war (extract it), also make sure your war is names: DeveloperPortlet.war (without version number as it looks like you are using Maven and Maven tends to add the version number on artifacts names)