1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2002 5:13 PM by davidjencks

JBOSS 3 JCA-XA Configuration

Hi - we have a number of customers trying to figure out how to configure XA support using our MS SQL driver JSQLConnect (which supports full XA via MS DTC)

1. Can you point me to the JBOSS 3 doc that spells out the detailed config steps required?

2. If the driver vendor supplies a JCA RAR connector can JBOSS 3.0 deply that RAR or is XA support still handled via the JBOSS supplied JCA XA wrappers? If the vendors RAR can be used where is the doc that describes that process please?

3. Once we get it all figured out how do we send back to JBOSS (what email or process?) the information so that it may be included in the JBOSS doc going forward? We will also include the doc in our downloadable distribution.

Thanks
      David Murphy
      NetDirect
      www.j-netdirect.com

• 1. Re: JBOSS 3 JCA-XA Configuration
          davidjencks

> Hi - we have a number of customers trying to figure
          > out how to configure XA support using our MS SQL
          > driver JSQLConnect (which supports full XA via MS
          > DTC)
          >
          > 1. Can you point me to the JBOSS 3 doc that spells
          > out the detailed config steps required?

Unfortunately the docs are all somewhat out of date as I keep improving the configuration system. There's some info in the quickstart guide. Basically, if you have an XADataSource based driver the simplest is to put it in server/[config]/lib, make sure jboss-xa-wrapper.rar is in server/[config]/deploy, and put a jsqlconnect-ds.xml (3.2 or 4) or jsqlconnect-service.xml (3.0.1) file in server/[config]/deploy
          >
          > 2. If the driver vendor supplies a JCA RAR connector
          > can JBOSS 3.0 deply that RAR or is XA support still
          > handled via the JBOSS supplied JCA XA wrappers? If
          > the vendors RAR can be used where is the doc that
          > describes that process please?

IMO supplying a .rar is %10,000 the better way to go, especially if you implement "error sorting" so errors that kill the connection notify the app server through ConnectionEventListener. ( I guess XADataSource is supposed to do this to, but I haven't actually encountered one yet). If you have a .rar, looking at firebird-service.xml is the best model to copy (I recently updated cvs head to a neater configuration). For JBoss 3.2 and 4, the *-ds.xml files provide a simple way to configure a wrapped XADataSource.
          >
          > 3. Once we get it all figured out how do we send back
          > to JBOSS (what email or process?) the information so
          > that it may be included in the JBOSS doc going
          > forward? We will also include the doc in our
          > downloadable distribution.

Posting a patch to the patch tracker at sourceforge, emailing jboss dev list with the config as an attachment, and sending it directly to me at
          davidjencks@directvinternet.com all work. I like to keep the versions in jboss cvs since they can get tagged with jboss releases. Since I keep changing the configuration this gives a little hope of finding the right version.

Thanks
          david jencks
          >
          > Thanks
          > David Murphy
          > NetDirect
          > www.j-netdirect.com