META-INF
      MANIFEST.MF
      ra.xml
      MyJCA.jar
      myjca-service.xml

My application.xml document contains a single entrance:

myjca.rar

When I start JBoss I get the following messages regarding test.ear:
      10:00:22,593 INFO [MainDeployer] Starting deployment of package: file:/D:/JavaSoft/jboss/server/default/deploy/test.ear/
      10:00:22,593 INFO [EARDeployer] Init J2EE application: file:/D:/JavaSoft/jboss/server/default/deploy/test.ear/
      10:00:22,671 WARN [ServiceController] jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name=MyJCA does not implement any Service methods
      10:00:22,687 INFO [MainDeployer] Deployed package: file:/D:/JavaSoft/jboss/server/default/deploy/test.ear/

I have with success deployed the .rar outside the .ear and I have with success deployed the .rar inside the .ear but with ?myjca-service.xml? at the root of the JBoss deployment library. Is it possible to deploy ?myjca-service.xml? inside the application?

Furthermore I would like to more MyJCA.jar outside the .rar component. Even though I have referenced MyJCA.jar from the MANIFEST.MF of MyJCA.rar I get a ClassNotfoundException. Is it possible to deploy MyJCA.jar outside MyJCA.rar?

I am running JBoss 3.0.4.

Best regards
      Kenneth Petersen

• 1. Re: JCA/.rar in .ear.
          davidjencks

You need to specify that the myrar-service.xml should be deployed by including a jboss-app.xml next to application.xml

As I recall the correct fomat is

<jboss-app>

myrar-service.xml

</jboss-app>

myrar-service.xml should be in the root of the .ear

The classes in MyJCA.jar should be deployed and available to everyone without any manifest classpath references, just the application.xml reference. If this isn't happening please provide more details.

If you want to move the myjca.jar elsewhere in the .ear you will probably have to provide a manifest classpath reference to it. I don't recommend this.