4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2003 3:24 AM by bwallis42

Sar in an Ear

bwallis42

"bwallis42" wrote:
      > Add a reference to the SAR file in application.xml of the EAR.

I read the above in a previous post about how to put the -service.xml file for a rar into an ear archive. What I don't understand is exactly how you reference the SAR in the application.xml file.

In a module declaration you get the choice of four declarations, ejb, connector, web and java, and a sar doesn't seem to fit into any of those declarations. Which would work?

thanks,
      brian...

• 1. Re: Sar in an Ear
          bwallis42

"bwallis42" wrote:
          To answer my own question, I tried declaring the sar using the connector declaration and it seems to deploy OK (3.0.4). Is this the correct way to do this? Would I need to do the same when I change to 3.2 and use a *-ds.xml file in the sar?

thanks,
          brian...

• 2. Re: Sar in an Ear
            davidjencks

"davidjencks" wrote:
            It will probably still work, since I don't think we check that your sub-package is the type you claim, we just try to deploy it. The more "official" way to deploy jboss-specific packages is to include a jboss-app.xml file next to application.xml. You can use the additional "service" module type for .sar, -service.xml, and -ds.xml files. You can also specify the classloading scope if you wish.

• 3. Re: Sar in an Ear
              bwallis42

"bwallis42" wrote:
              > You can
              > use the additional "service" module type for .sar,
              > -service.xml, and -ds.xml files. You can also
              > specify the classloading scope if you wish.

Is this supposed to work in 3.0.7? It worked for the sar but not if I put the -service.xml file in the declaration in jboss-app.xml. (worked fine for the -ds.xml file in 3.2.0)

What seems to be happening is that the ear is unpacked into the tmp directory but only the jar/rar/sar files are unpacked, the -service.xml file is not there (and that is the error I get, file not found). It is in the ear file though.

• 4. Re: Sar in an Ear
                bwallis42

"bwallis42" wrote:
                > You can
                > use the additional "service" module type for .sar,
                > -service.xml, and -ds.xml files. You can also
                > specify the classloading scope if you wish.

Is this supposed to work in 3.0.7? It worked for the sar but not if I put the -service.xml file in the declaration in jboss-app.xml. (worked fine for the -ds.xml file in 3.2.0)

What seems to be happening is that the ear is unpacked into the tmp directory but only the jar/rar/sar files are unpacked, the -service.xml file is not there (and that is the error I get, file not found). It is in the ear file though.