1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2003 10:30 AM by adrian.brock

Error closing IMS connection

pfhfzy0

Hi,

I try to deploy an ims connector (imsico.rar) for jboss3.2.1. I have an old ims connector config file that worked with jboss3.0.4, but isn't applicable to jboss3.2.1. So I come up with an jms-service.xml similar to the sample cicsr9s-service.xml file, except I have NoTxConnectionManager instead of LocalTxConnectionManager, and the NoTxConnectionManager mbean didn't have TransactionManagerService depends.

The ims connector deploys successfully, and my ejb module that uses the jms connector also deploys successfully. But at runtime my application throws an error like this:

18:10:32,260 ERROR [LogInterceptor] RuntimeException:
      java.lang.IllegalStateException: Trying to return an unknown connection2! null
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionManager.unregisterConnection(CachedConnectionManager.java:275)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.NoTxConnectionManager$NoTxConnectionEventListener.connectionClosed(NoTxConnectionManager.java:105)
      at com.ibm.connector2.ims.ico.IMSManagedConnection.close(IMSManagedConnection.java:676)
      at com.ibm.connector2.ims.ico.IMSConnection.close(IMSConnection.java:118)
      at shipims.integration.jca.ShipdateJCAComponent.dropConnection(ShipdateJCAComponent.java:451)
      at shipims.integration.jca.ShipdateJCAComponent.shipdatj(ShipdateJCAComponent.java:212)
      at shipims.application.ejb.ShipdateBean.Shipdate_shipdatj(ShipdateBean.java:376)
      at shipims.application.ejb.ShipdateBean.shipdatjShipdatjShipdatj(ShipdateBean.java:261)
      at shipims.application.ejb.ShipdateBean.shipdatj(ShipdateBean.java:183)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
      at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:629)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:186)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:72)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:84)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:216)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:104)

Debugging into jboss source shows that the NoTxConnectionManager.connectionClosed(ConnectionEvent ce) calls expects a current connection handle from the ConnectionEvent object, but the connection handle is null.

I'd appreciate it very much if anyone could help out.

Regards,
      pfhfzy0