1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 22, 2003 2:34 PM by adrian.brock

Resource adaptor with DLL exception

p_d_austin

I have developed a JCA Resource adaptor for connection to a server that uses JNI with native DLL libraries.

When I deploy the resource adaptor in JBOSS 3.2.3, JDK 1.4, Win2k I get an FileNotFoundException for the DLL saying that the file is locked. Below is the top part of the stack trace.

Is JBOSS not closing the file once it has created it? or is it possible that the JAR file loads the DLL and locks it before JBOSS has finished deploying it?

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Could not deploy sub deployment jsg83.dll of deployment file:/C:/Documents and Settings/paustin/Desktop/Stuff/jboss-3.2.3/jboss-3.2.3/server/default/deploy/sdeRa.rar; - nested throwable: (java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and Settings\paustin\Desktop\Stuff\jboss-3.2.3\jboss-3.2.3\server\default\tmp\native\jsg83.dll (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process))
       at org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployerSupport.deployUrl(SubDeployerSupport.java:423)
       at org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployerSupport.addDeployableJar(SubDeployerSupport.java:356)
       at org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployerSupport.processNestedDeployments(SubDeployerSupport.java:246)
       at org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployerSupport.init(SubDeployerSupport.java:143)
       at org.jboss.resource.RARDeployer.init(RARDeployer.java:115)
       at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.init(MainDeployer.java:696)
       at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:632)
       at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:605)
       :
       :

• 1. Re: Resource adaptor with DLL exception

Most likely it has already been loaded as a dll with and windows is locking?

I don't see why it should be trying to deploy it as a jar?

Can you post the output of the log if you enable TRACE logging
          for
          org.jboss.resource and org.jboss.deployment

Only the part where the rar is deployed.

Regards,
          Adrian