2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2004 8:06 AM by miani

property configuration for datasource

miani

Hi, I am trying to configure some additional options on a sybase datasource. My standard connection-url is <connection-url>jdbc:sybase:Tds:172.30.253.221:2638?ServiceName=nw</connection-url>

I need to set a sybase property, JCONNECT_VERSION, for this connection. I can do this with a JDBC connection by changing the url like so: <connection-url>jdbc:sybase:Tds:172.30.253.221:2638?ServiceName=nw&JCONNECT_VERSION=6</connection-url>

This works correctly from a standalone java app. However, when I try to do this inside my datasource xml file, JBoss throws the exception below.

Clearly, this URL syntax is not allowed by the DTD. My question is, can someone tell me how can I configure this property correctly?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

08:14:31,609 INFO [STDOUT] [Fatal Error] newzware-asa-ds.xml:34:96: The reference to entity "JCONNECT_VERSION" must end with the ';' delimiter.
      08:14:31,609 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deloyment: file:/C:/jboss-3.2.3/server/icanon/deploy/newzware-asa-ds.xml
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Could not parse dd; - nested throwable
      : (org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The reference to entity "JCONNECT_VERSION" must end with the ';' delimiter.)
      at org.jboss.deployment.XSLSubDeployer.findDd(XSLSubDeployer.java:268)
      at org.jboss.deployment.XSLSubDeployer.init(XSLSubDeployer.java:192)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.init(MainDeployer.java:696)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:632)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:605)
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor44.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
      at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:546)
      at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:177)
      at $Proxy6.deploy(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:302)
      at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:458)
      at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.
      doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:201)
      loop(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:212)
      run(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:191)
      Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The reference to entity "JCONNECT_VERSION" must end with the ';' delimiter.
      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:235)
      at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:201)
      at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:124)
      at org.jboss.deployment.XSLSubDeployer.findDd(XSLSubDeployer.java:263)
      ... 16 more