3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2004 9:03 AM by Adrian Brock

NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/jdbc/OracleSavepoint with thin

larache Newbie

Hello,

I'm having an issue configuring my JBoss 3.2.3 server.

I'm trying to connect to an Oracle DB 9.0.2 with the thin driver and the JDK 1.3.1_11. I've configured the datasource xml as described in the docs/examples/jca/oracle-ds.xml

When trying to connect the first time, I receive the following exception :
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/jdbc/OracleSavepoint
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:468)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:314)
      at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedCo
      nnectionFactory.java:150)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(InternalM
      anagedConnectionPool.java:477)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.getConnection(InternalManagedConnection
      Pool.java:213)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$BasePool.getConnection(JBossManagedConnect
      ionPool.java:496)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.getManagedConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.ja
      va:425)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.getManagedConnection(TxConnectionManager.java:318
      )
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java
      :477)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection(Base
      ConnectionManager2.java:814)
      at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:102)
      at common.util.DbConnectionFactory.getConnection(DbConnectionFactory.java:144)
      at common.dao.AbstractSqlDAO.getConnection(AbstractSqlDAO.java:33)

I dropped the classes12.zip from oracle web site in the myserver/lib directory.

The error is the same if I change from thin to thick driver.

However, this error doesn't happen if I use the JDK 1.4 and the ojdbc14.jar and I need to try to run on the JDK 1.3

Thanks in advance for your answer

Regards
      Olivier