Most of you must have already faced these issues, and must have found solutions as well.
I am really confused to begin with.
Everyone is requested to answer whatever one can.
I wish to know what is the LDAP support in JBoss. Is there an inbuilt implementation?
How do I authenticate users and access control access to my beans and other resources, based on roles?
How to manage the directory of users and roles? I want it to be managed/ used by various applications, not restricted to EJB applications residing in JBoss.
If I use another Directory Server then
a. what are the free ones available?
b. how to configure it for JBoss?
How do I suspend a user's rights, without deleting him from his group?
Here is what need to know in order to make a start.
I have listed whatever I already have in mind, please make corrections, and fill in the blanks, and add more stuff that has been missed out
1. OS: for dev and deployment Windows/ Linux
2. App Server JBoss
3. Web Server Apache
4. Container for JSP/ Servlet Tomcat/ JBoss' integrated Tomcat (modularity and performance wise?)
5. Database MySQL (or any other)
6. Directory Server -------
7. Development tools(IDE/ forte??) -------
Free version of JBuilder will not
work most probably
8. Test / Debug tools/ process -------
9. integration of IDE with app server -------
10. Deployment Tools -------
11. performance measuring tools -------
12. SSL -------
13. clusturing -------