3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2002 8:05 AM by adrian.brock

What's the URL for the Webclient

phi15

Hi,

i just tried to use the Jboss 3 Template Project. Everything compiled fine and I was able to use the command line client. But how does the web client work? I thought the url was http://cs:8080/ejb/webtest/TestSession but that did not work. Do I use the wrong URL or do I have a problem with Tomcat (I'm using the Jboss/Tomacat bundle).

Thanks,
      phi

• 1. Re: What's the URL for the Webclient

try http://cs:8080/web-client

Regards,
          Adrian

• 2. Re: What's the URL for the Webclient
            phi15

Thanks, but I think I found what the problem is. When I have a look at the server.log there are a couple of error messages:
            >>>
            2002-08-23 11:59:22,379 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] Failed to deploy: org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner$DeployedURL@f5883d67{ url=file:/usr/local/lib/jboss-3.0.1_tomcat-4.0.4/server/default/deploy/tomcat4-service.xml, deployedLastModified=0 }
            2002-08-23 11:59:38,839 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] MBeanException: Exception in MBean operation 'checkIncompleteDeployments()'
            org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: instantiating org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX failed: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/Context; - nested throwable: (RuntimeErrorException: instantiating org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX failed: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/Context
            Cause: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/Context)
            RuntimeErrorException: instantiating org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX failed: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/Context
            Cause: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/Context
            status: Deployment FAILED reason: instantiating org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX failed: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/Context; - nested throwable: (RuntimeErrorException: instantiating org.jboss.web.catalina.EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX failed: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/Context
            Cause: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/Context)
            <<<

Any hints?

Thanks,
            phi

• 3. Re: What's the URL for the Webclient

Have you changed tomcat4-service.xml?

Is the url at the top of that file correct?

Regards,
              Adrian