3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2004 5:05 AM by darranl

dev w/ jboss3.2.1 on pc, move to production ....

yetang

develop w/ jboss3.2.1 on pc, move to production running jboss3.2.3 on solaris x86.

using jboss3.2.1 eclipse2.1 lomboz2.1.2 to develop.

is there anything i need to pay paticular attention? such as path difference, version difference? any article or link to share?

thanx

• 1. Re: dev w/ jboss3.2.1 on pc, move to production ....
          darranl

Why are you going straight to production on a different version, you should be developing / testing against the version you will be using.

• 2. Re: dev w/ jboss3.2.1 on pc, move to production ....
            yetang

thank you for your advice, darranl.

you are right. i can change both to jboss3.2.3

then how about development on pc and production on solaris x86? will i have serious deploy problems? i guess there should have no problem coz i just drop jar/xml file. am i right?

thanx

• 3. Re: dev w/ jboss3.2.1 on pc, move to production ....
              darranl

I think you are going to have to decide how acceptable the risks are, I would recomend having a test environment that matches the production environment as closely as possible (Some people do have issues that are OS related).

Do you have access to another machine that you could install Solaris on for testing? You can then develop on your Windows machine, perform your testing on a Solaris box before moving to the production server.

On the other hand you may never experience any problems moving between the platforms, as you say it should just be a case of dropping in the jar.