4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2007 1:02 AM by pesr0412

JBoss start: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/aop/A

eugene_prokopiev

Hi,

I see this error mesages after extracting jboss-4.0.0.zip content and runiing bin/run.bat:

11:37:44,312 INFO [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.0.0 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_0 date=200409200418)] Started in 20s:484ms

11:37:44,500 INFO [STDOUT] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/aop/AspectManager
      11:37:44,500 INFO [STDOUT] at org.jboss.console.plugins.AOPLister.getUnboundBindings(AOPLister.java:706)

What does it mean? How can I turn it off?

• 1. Re: JBoss start: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/a
          boltman

Hey, running into the same problem *AFTER* modifying the java.endorsed.dirs to FIRST look at my customer directory containing DOM3 jar files *BEFORE* looking that the JBOSS_HOME/lib/endorsed

As soon as I did that change, I started getting this AspectManager error like you have. Before that tweak in run.bat, all was fine, JBOSS started fine.

So for you, this might be a clue.

If you found out the solution to your problem, can you post it here?

Also, know anything about JBOSS and DOM3 jars? :)

Sean

• 2. Re: JBoss start: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/a
            boltman

Hey, running into the same problem *AFTER* modifying the java.endorsed.dirs to FIRST look at my customer directory containing DOM3 jar files *BEFORE* looking that the JBOSS_HOME/lib/endorsed

As soon as I did that change, I started getting this AspectManager error like you have. Before that tweak in run.bat, all was fine, JBOSS started fine.

So for you, this might be a clue.

If you found out the solution to your problem, can you post it here?

Also, know anything about JBOSS and DOM3 jars? :)

Sean
            sean.boltman@epok.net

• 3. Re: JBoss start: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/a
              boltman

Message to my internal group regarding this error:
              ------------
              You *may* get this error on startup of JBOSS. I wasn't getting this error at first... then I tweaked my run.bat to _try_ to include the DOM3 jars, and then, all of a sudden, I would start seeing this NoClassDefFoundError on startup. What is even STRANGER is I would revert my run.bat back to stock, and STILL get this error. I cruised through JBOSS forums, and the one suggestion I was about to try (did not yet, as you will see) was that instead of running against 'default' JBOSS configuration, I had to run against either 'all' or 'standard' JBOSS configurations (note: we will eventually make a configuration we reccomend as a baseline for support TDS, but for now, I am using the ones they supply on install)... well, that sounded all well and fine, but hey, I was running fine earlier. I thought I would first rebott just to make sure I was on an even keel... after reboot I was back to goodness, no error running against 'default'. Not sure what happened, but will keep my eyes peeled.

• 4. Re: JBoss start: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/a
                pesr0412

i have installed jboss4.0.0 with j2sdk1.4.2_15 on windowsxp pro sp2 and got that error when used run.bat with no parameters.

then I used run -c all and the error dissapeared.

hope this helps