1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 28, 2005 7:46 AM by darranl

How to interpret the release notes and issue details

marcus.klein

Hi,

I was trying to figure out which bugs are still available in a JBoss AS delivery (exactly V4.0.2) by the help of the release notes. Unfortunaltely I had some problems to interpret the issue details that are shown when I follow a link in the release notes. Maybe some of you is willing to explain me that stuff. Thank you very much in advance.

The main questions I have:
      1. What is the order of the deliveries? Is it that final comes after RC, or vice versa?
      2. Does 'Affected Versions' mean that since this version the bug exist, or was found? Or does it mean that only in that specified version the bug exists?
      3. Does 'Fix Versions' mean that since this version the documented bug is fixed (in case the bug status is closed)?
      4. If point 2 and 3 are as I think, how can it be that affected versions list the same version as fix version does (e.g. JBAS-2)?

Thx m8.

• 1. Re: How to interpret the release notes and issue details
          darranl

The release candidates come first so if you see 4.0.2RC1 this was the first proposed release to become 4.0.2.

Affected version only shows you the version the bug was found in, it does not show if time has been spent going through the old versions to see if they are also affected. Sometimes a number of affected versions will be listed if someone has gone to the trouble of tracing back.

Yes the fix version is the release that will contain the fix.

Yes JBAS-2 looks like the versions are incorrect.