1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 28, 2008 4:39 AM by daniel.soneira

OC4J + RichFaces

emalvino

I've made a little sample application using RichFaces 3.1.0, then deployed it on Tomcat with no problems. Then tried to deploy the same application on OC4J 10.1.3, but resulted in CSSs not being resolved due to the following issue:

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/AJSF-26

As the issue pointed, I tried to switch from Oracle xml parser to xerces, either by copying the jars to ORACLE_HOME/j2ee/home/lib and running OC4J with -Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl, or trying to use oracle shared libraries to remove Oracle xml implementacion from the application and using xerces instead. I tried both Apache and Glassfish implementations with no success, always resulting in xerces being unable to find jsf-impl.jar to parse it's faces-config.xml.

Did anyone actually managed to use RichFaces with OC4J, and if so, how did you do it?

• 1. Re: OC4J + RichFaces
          daniel.soneira

Yes, we use RichFaces with OC4J 10.1.3.1.

We changed the XML parser like this:

copy 2 libraries to {oc4j-installation-directory}/jdk/jre/lib/ext
          - xercesImpl-2.8.1.jar
          - xalan-2.7.0.jar

Add a start parameter to use this parser:

-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

in Java Options (Enterprise Manager -> OC4J instance -> Administration -> Server Properties)