1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2006 7:41 AM by metitus

JBoss Application Server

metitus

Hi you all,

I just would like someone tell me if I need to install a web server such as Apache before installing JBoss Aplication Server.

Many Thanks

• 1. Re: JBoss Application Server
          jaikiran

No you need not. JBoss comes bundled with Tomcat.

• 2. Re: JBoss Application Server
            metitus

Thanks

• 3. Re: JBoss Application Server
              metitus

So where can a find the apache.conf file?

• 4. Re: JBoss Application Server
                metitus

Just one question more. JBoss Application Server comes with a bundled version of Tomcat, but what about Apache HTTP server?

• 5. Re: JBoss Application Server
                  jaikiran

JBoss is bundled with Tomcat web server and not Apache HTTP server.

• 6. Re: JBoss Application Server
                    metitus

"jaikiran" wrote:
                    JBoss is bundled with Tomcat web server and not Apache HTTP server.

But don't I need both?

Like when using an Tomcat/Apache HTTP instalation?

• 7. Re: JBoss Application Server
                      anishx

well tomcat has its own web server listening to 8080. Due to many reasons (read security, firewall - dmz configuration, performance and clustering) it is not recommended to use the built in web server and use apache web server instead and use mod_jk to plug it in with tomcat.

In short, apache is not needed and you may very well work with tomcat webserver

• 8. Re: JBoss Application Server
                        metitus

"anishx" wrote:
                        well tomcat has its own web server listening to 8080. Due to many reasons (read security, firewall - dmz configuration, performance and clustering) it is not recommended to use the built in web server and use apache web server instead and use mod_jk to plug it in with tomcat.

In short, apache is not needed and you may very well work with tomcat webserver

So the best to do would be to set up the different server, JBoss(with Tomcat), and Apache right??

Thanks,

MeTitus

• 9. Re: JBoss Application Server
                          anishx

right! with this configuration you may also configure apache to serve the static content (images/html/js/css) and let tomcat handle the dynamic part (saves lot of unnecessary hit to jboss/tomcat)

• 10. Re: JBoss Application Server
                            metitus

So with the Apache/JBoss configuration I can handle both static and dynamic content (servlet, jsp,EJB), but what if I also want to run CGI and .net applications? I heard about JBOSS Web, but how can I confugure them all? I mean should I install JBoss Application Server as well as the JBoss Web?

Thanks,

MeTitus

• 11. Re: JBoss Application Server
                              metitus

So with an Apache/JBoss instalation I can handle requests to static and dinamic content (Servlet, JSP, EJB...), but what If I also want to run both CGI scripts and .net applications???

I heard about JBoss Web, my questions is: Can I have two JBoss instalations to run the different content?

Thanks,

MeTitus

• 12. Re: JBoss Application Server
                                metitus

Sorry for the double post, i though I had lost the message.

MeTitus

• 13. Re: JBoss Application Server
                                  visolvejboss

"MeTitus" wrote:
                                  Hi you all,

I just would like someone tell me if I need to install a web server such as Apache before installing JBoss Aplication Server.

Hello,

The following Wiki page consists Version details of Tomcat bundled with JBoss AS.

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=VersionOfTomcatInJBossAS

Hope, this may help you.

• 14. Re: JBoss Application Server
                                    metitus

"MeTitus" wrote:
                                    So with an Apache/JBoss instalation I can handle requests to static and dinamic content (Servlet, JSP, EJB...), but what If I also want to run both CGI scripts and .net applications???

I heard about JBoss Web, my questions is: Can I have two JBoss instalations to run the different content?

Thanks,

MeTitus

But what about this?? Does anyone have an idea?

MeTitus

1 2 Previous Next