I know that some of this should go to a java forum, but I'd be grateful for any help on jboss-related issues.
Can we state, from my understanding of JBoss class loading model (http://docs.jboss.com/jbossas/guides/j2eeguide/r2/en/html_single/#d0e1053), that:
1) duplication of classes across apllications in not allowed.
2) where multiple versions of the same jar are required by different applications, deployment-based scoping can be achieved by creating a loader repository with
If this is correct, then I structure an ear in the following way:
application.ear lib/common-1.jar module-domain.har module-business.ejb3 module-web.war META-INF MANIFEST.MF application.xml -->list modules war and ejb3 jboss-app.xml --> list module har module-domain.har META-INF MANIFEST.MF hibernate-service.xml com --> structured classes dirs module-business.ejb3 META-INF MANIFEST.MF --> Class-Path: ./lib/common-1.jar com --> structured classes dirs module-web.war WEB-INF lib classes web.xml jboss-web.xml META-INF MANIFEST.MF --> Class-Path: ./lib/common-1.jar
Things I'm not sure:
1) ejb3 archive uses classes in the har archive, are they visible once deployed? ejb and har use different class loaders but report to the same loader repository, so this should be a yes, right?
2) what do/don't include in the ear lib folder:
b) don't: jars that might be used by future apps, instead place them in default/dir
c) do: jars needed by the particular app.
d) do: jars of a different version of those in default/lib, in this case add <loader-repository> to jboss-app.xml to achieve isolation.
3) if I added to the above ear: lib/dom4j-1.6.1.jar, and added it to the MANIFEST Class-Path of one of the modules, then
a) because default/dir has already a different version dom4j.jar I should add to jboss-app.xml:
<jboss-app> <loader-repository>myappname.com:loader=application.ear</loader-repository> </jboss-app>, correct?
b) does this mean that only dom4j classes will be looked in the HeirarchicalLoaderRepository3? And that only dom4j will be isolated? Or will this apply to all jars in application.ear/lib?
thanks for any help