0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2007 11:56 AM by marcobaroetto

static library conflict

marcobaroetto

Hello, I'm trying to deploy 2 applications under JBoss 4.0.5. Both applications use a dbmanager library wich uses a static connection pool to database.

The structure of both my apps is the following:

APPLICATION.ear/
      |-- META-INF
      | |-- MANIFEST.MF
      | `-- application.xml
      |
      |-- FRONT-END.war
      | |-- META-INF
      | | `-- MANIFEST.MF
      | |-- WEB-INF
      | `-- index.jsp
      |
      |-- BACKEND.jar
      |
      |-- WEBSERVICES.war
      |
      |-- lib
      | |--various.jar
      | `-- dbmanager.jar

application.xml contains 2 web modules (FRONTEND & WEBSERVICES) and 1 java module (BACKEND).

dbmanager is used by BACKEND.jar and by the classes of WEBSERVICES.war

FRONTEND.war jsp's use BACKEND.jar

the 2 applications should connect to different databases and the connection is static so i need 2 different dbmanager jars.

The problem is the following:

- When i call a webservice of WEBSERVICES.war i noticed that the db connection used is the one of the first application deployed. It seems both applications use the same dbmanager and they get the same connection.

- When i use the BACKEND.jar from the frontend the separation is correct and the applications get different connection.

I tried to put true in
      /J-Boss/server/default/deploy/ear-deployer.xml but i get the following:

- When i call a webservice of WEBSERVICES.war the separation is correct and the applications get different connection.

- When i use the BACKEND.jar from the frontend i get the exception:

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of org/jboss/web/tomcat/tc5/WebAppClassLoader) previously initiated loading for a different type with name "javax/xml/namespace/QName"
      at it.namespace.myapp.WebServices.clients.HelloWorldService.HelloWorldServiceSoap_BindingStub._initOperationDesc1

any hint?