10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2006 1:53 AM by biswajit_java

Cache Loader Impl Probs

sarojk

Hi All,
      I am facing a problem while implementing my own Cache Loader.
      I have configured it into xml file. But I do not want to specify in "Preload" tag. As I want the cache loader to load the data at later some time on request.
      I am calling follwoing line:
      =============================
      objTreeCache.get(fqn);
      ===========================
      I noticed that before returing from myloader.exist(fqn) it is calling _get(fqn) and based an attribute of the class "org.jboss.cache.interceptors.CacheLoaderInterceptor" i.e. load_attributes=false;
      it is not able to call the method "private void loadAttributesFromCacheLoader(Node n) of the same class which actually will return the map with values. This is because the attribute is false. The code it executes for CacheLoaderInterceptor is as follows:
      ==========================================
      public Object invoke(MethodCall m) throws Throwable {
      else if(meth.equals(TreeCache.getNodeMethodLocal)) {
      fqn=(Fqn)args[0];
      }//note that it does not set the attribute to "true"
      ============================================
      Therefore I am getting the Map as {jboss:internal:uninitialized=null}

Whereas if I put my cache loader in "Preload" xml configuration then the get(fqnname, "bla", true) is getting called which actually sets this attribute to true in the follwing lines of CacheLoaderInterceptor class:
      ========================================
      public Object invoke(MethodCall m) throws Throwable {
      else if(meth.equals(TreeCache.getKeyValueMethodLocal)) {
      fqn=(Fqn)args[0];
      load_attributes=true;
      }
      ========================================

However, if I call get(fqn, key) with no preload, it is working fine.

Can you please help me in solving this problem?
      I am not able to understand that why cant I use "objTreecache.get(fqn)"

Your instant help would be much appreciated.
      Thanks in advance
      Saroj

• 1. Re: Cache Loader Impl Probs
          manik

what version of jboss cache are you using? This has changed significantly from 1.2.x -> 1.3, and will change even more with 1.4 (which is now available as an alpha).

• 2. Re: Cache Loader Impl Probs
            sarojk

Currently I am using JBossCache-1.2.3, But I tried this with 1.3SP1 version also. Is this a limitation that,
            objTreecache.get(fqn) cannot be called/used when the cache loader is not configured in "Preload" section of cache loader'c config of the xml file. Please clarrify.
            Awaiting your reply.
            Thanks in advance
            Saroj

• 3. Re: Cache Loader Impl Probs
              sarojk

Further to the prob statement, here is the findings:
              objTreeCache.get(fqn) does not work for the first time only. For example:

Line 1: objTreeCache.get(fqn); //this line returns a map::::{jboss:internal:uninitialized=null}
              Line 2: objTreeCache.get(fqn,"bla") ;
              Line 3: objTreeCache.get(fqn);//this line returns a map with actual values from my db (as impl into my cache loader which is not specified in "Preload")

Since I have called with an arbitrary key for the first time, it goes in different method call/different flow of execution in jboss cache impl. Third line (Line 3) hits cache not cache loader. So it works fine.

Is this a normal behaviour of TreeCache or I am not going in a right way?

Please suggest.
              Awaiting your reply.
              Thanks
              Saroj

• 4. Re: Cache Loader Impl Probs
                manik

Hi,

I'd consider this a bug. I've raised a JIRA item - http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE-608

Cheers,
                Manik

• 5. Re: Cache Loader Impl Probs

Hi all,

Now i migrated from JBossCache-1.3.0.SP1 to JBossCache-1.4.0.CR1.

In the current release the bug(
                  * [ JBCACHE-608 ] Cache loader does not load data for cache.get(Fqn fqn) calls) is fixed,i got this information from Changelog.txt

But again i m getting the earlier error which is jboss:internal:uninitialized=null

13:00:10,973 INFO [STDOUT] Mon Jun 19 13:00:10 IST 2006 [DEBUG] com.dnaO2.infra.cache.service.JBossCacheService.getCacheObject(String sFqn). - Object returned from the Cache:{jboss:internal:uninitialized=null}
                  13:00:10,973 INFO [STDOUT] Mon Jun 19 13:00:10 IST 2006 [DEBUG] com.dnaO2.infra.cache.service.JBossCacheService.getCacheObject(String sFqn). - Found the Object in Cache
                  13:00:10,973 INFO [STDOUT] For the 1st Time:::Data:::{jboss:internal:uninitialized=null}

Again in my treecache-service.xml i had placed TransactionManagerLookupClass as the BossTransactionManagerLookup

org.jboss.cache.JBossTransactionManagerLookup

It was working fine with JBossCache-1.3.0.SP1 but with JBossCache-1.4.0.CR1 i am getting following error.

13:00:11,441 INFO [STDOUT] Mon Jun 19 13:00:11 IST 2006 [INFO] com.dnaO2.infra.cache.loader.AppCacheLoader.rollback(Object tx). - Coming into rollback(Object tx) with tx as:<biswajit:4470>:1
                  13:00:11,441 INFO [STDOUT] Mon Jun 19 13:00:11 IST 2006 [ERROR] com.dnaO2.infra.cache.service.JBossCacheService.putCacheObject(String sFqn, Object objKey, Object objValue). - RollBack Failed
                  13:00:11,441 INFO [STDOUT] Mon Jun 19 13:00:11 IST 2006 [ERROR] com.dnaO2.infra.cache.service.JBossCacheService.putCacheObject(String sFqn, Object objKey, Object objValue). - org.jboss.tm.JBossRollbackException: Unable to commit, tx=TransactionImpl:XidImpl[FormatId=257, GlobalId=biswajit/26, BranchQual=, localId=26] status=STATUS_NO_TRANSACTION; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.util.NestedRuntimeException: ; - nested throwable: (java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.cache.Modification.getType()B))
                  at org.jboss.tm.TransactionImpl.commit(TransactionImpl.java:354)
                  at org.jboss.tm.TxManager.commit(TxManager.java:224)
                  at com.dnaO2.infra.cache.service.JBossCacheService.putCacheObject(JBossCacheService.java:194)
                  at org.apache.jsp.cacheClient_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.cacheClient_jsp:86)
                  at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
                  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
                  at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:322)
                  at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
                  at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
                  at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
                  at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39)
                  at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:159)
                  at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
                  at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
                  at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
                  at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
                  at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
                  at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
                  at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
                  Caused by: org.jboss.util.NestedRuntimeException: ; - nested throwable: (java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.cache.Modification.getType()B)
                  at org.jboss.cache.interceptors.CacheStoreInterceptor$SynchronizationHandler.beforeCompletion(CacheStoreInterceptor.java:241)
                  at org.jboss.tm.TransactionImpl.doBeforeCompletion(TransactionImpl.java:1473)
                  at org.jboss.tm.TransactionImpl.beforePrepare(TransactionImpl.java:1092)
                  at org.jboss.tm.TransactionImpl.commit(TransactionImpl.java:306)
                  ... 28 more
                  Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.cache.Modification.getType()B
                  at com.dnaO2.infra.cache.loader.AppCacheLoader.put(AppCacheLoader.java:193)
                  at com.dnaO2.infra.cache.loader.AppCacheLoader.prepare(AppCacheLoader.java:317)
                  at org.jboss.cache.interceptors.CacheStoreInterceptor.prepareCacheLoader(CacheStoreInterceptor.java:149)
                  at org.jboss.cache.interceptors.CacheStoreInterceptor.access$100(CacheStoreInterceptor.java:22)
                  at org.jboss.cache.interceptors.CacheStoreInterceptor$SynchronizationHandler.beforeCompletion(CacheStoreInterceptor.java:227)
                  ... 31 more
                  org.jboss.util.NestedRuntimeException: ; - nested throwable: (java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.cache.Modification.getType()B)
                  at org.jboss.cache.interceptors.CacheStoreInterceptor$SynchronizationHandler.beforeCompletion(CacheStoreInterceptor.java:241)
                  at com.dnaO2.infra.cache.service.JBossCacheService.putCacheObject(JBossCacheService.java:194)
                  at org.apache.jsp.cacheClient_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.cacheClient_jsp:86)
                  at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:322)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
                  at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
                  at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39)
                  at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:159)
                  at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
                  at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
                  at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
                  at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
                  at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
                  Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.cache.Modification.getType()B
                  at org.jboss.cache.interceptors.CacheStoreInterceptor.prepareCacheLoader(CacheStoreInterceptor.java:149)
                  at org.jboss.cache.interceptors.CacheStoreInterceptor.access$100(CacheStoreInterceptor.java:22)
                  at org.jboss.cache.interceptors.CacheStoreInterceptor$SynchronizationHandler.beforeCompletion(CacheStoreInterceptor.java:227)
                  ... 31 more
                  java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.cache.Modification.getType()B

Could you suggest a solution for this.
                  Awaiting for your reply.
                  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
                  Biswajit.

• 6. Re: Cache Loader Impl Probs

Hi all,

Do i need to put some extra settings for JBossCache-1.4.0.CR1?

My Caching Framework was working fine with JBossCache-1.3.0SP1 and i was passing a dummykey.

Now with the current release JBOSSCACHE-608 bug id is fixed.
                    So i just removed the dummy key.
                    But i m getting {jboss:internal:uninitialized=null}.

Again with latest release i m getting some exception with transaction which i have sent in my previous mail.

Could anyone look into my previous mail and suggest me a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
                    Biswajit.

• 7. Re: Cache Loader Impl Probs

Hi all,

Please give a look into my treecache-service.xml and if possible just suggest me any solution for this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- ===================================================================== -->
                      <!-- -->
                      <!-- Sample TreeCache Service Configuration -->
                      <!-- -->

<!-- ==================================================================== -->
                      <!-- Defines TreeCache configuration -->

jboss:service=Naming
                      jboss:service=TransactionManager

<!--
                      Configure the TransactionManager
                      -->

OPTIMISTIC

<!--
                      Node locking level : SERIALIZABLE
                      REPEATABLE_READ (default)
                      READ_COMMITTED
                      READ_UNCOMMITTED
                      NONE
                      -->

<!-- SERIALIZABLE -->

<!--
                      Valid modes are LOCAL
                      REPL_ASYNC
                      REPL_SYNC
                      -->
                      REPL_ASYNC

<!--
                      Just used for async repl: use a replication queue
                      -->
                      false

<!--
                      Replication interval for replication queue (in ms)
                      -->

<!--
                      Max number of elements which trigger replication
                      -->

<!-- Name of cluster. Needs to be the same for all clusters, in order
                      to find each other
                      -->
                      TreeCache-Cluster

<!-- JGroups protocol stack properties. Can also be a URL,
                      e.g. file:/home/bela/default.xml

-->

<!-- UDP: if you have a multihomed machine,
                      set the bind_addr attribute to the appropriate NIC IP address -->
                      <!-- UDP: On Windows machines, because of the media sense feature
                      being broken with multicast (even after disabling media sense)
                      set the loopback attribute to true -->
                      <UDP mcast_addr="228.1.2.3" mcast_port="45566"
                      ip_ttl="32" ip_mcast="true"
                      mcast_send_buf_size="80000" mcast_recv_buf_size="150000"
                      ucast_send_buf_size="80000" ucast_recv_buf_size="150000"
                      loopback="true"/>
                      <PING timeout="2000" num_initial_members="3"
                      up_thread="false" down_thread="false"/>
                      <MERGE2 min_interval="10000" max_interval="20000"/>
                      <FD shun="true" up_thread="true" down_thread="true"/>
                      <VERIFY_SUSPECT timeout="1500"
                      <pbcast.NAKACK gc_lag="50" retransmit_timeout="600,1200,2400,4800"
                      max_xmit_size="8192" up_thread="false" down_thread="false"/>
                      <UNICAST timeout="600,1200,2400" window_size="100" min_threshold="10"
                      down_thread="false"/>
                      <pbcast.STABLE desired_avg_gossip="20000"
                      <FRAG frag_size="8192"
                      down_thread="false" up_thread="false"/>
                      <pbcast.GMS join_timeout="5000" join_retry_timeout="2000"
                      shun="true" print_local_addr="true"/>
                      <pbcast.STATE_TRANSFER up_thread="false" down_thread="false"/>

<!--
                      The max amount of time (in milliseconds) we wait until the
                      initial state (ie. the contents of the cache) are retrieved from
                      existing members in a clustered environment
                      -->

<!--
                      Number of milliseconds to wait until all responses for a
                      synchronous call have been received.
                      -->

<!-- Max number of milliseconds to wait for a lock acquisition -->

<!-- Name of the eviction policy class. Not supported now. -->

true

<!--
                      *************************************************************************************
                      JBossCache can use Berkeley DB Java Edition from Sleepycat Software (http://www.sleepycat.com)
                      for persistent, reliable and transaction-protected data storage.
                      If you choose to use Berkeley DB Java Edition with JBossCache, you must comply with the terms
                      of Sleepycat's public license, included in the file LICENSE.txt.
                      If you prefer not to release the source code for your own application in order to comply
                      with the Sleepycat public license, you may purchase a different license for use of
                      Berkeley DB Java Edition with JBossCache.
                      Contact Sleepycat Software at info@sleepycat.com for pricing and terms for that license
                      *************************************************************************************
                      -->

com.dnaO2.infra.cache.loader.AppCacheLoader
                      true
                      /GLOBALMSG
                      false
                      true

<!-- Uncomment to get a graphical view of the TreeCache MBean above -->
                      <!-- -->
                      <!-- jboss.cache:service=TreeCache-->
                      <!-- -->

Thanks in advance.
                      Regards,
                      Biswajit.

• 8. Re: Cache Loader Impl Probs

Hi all,

Please give a look into my treecache-service.xml and if possible just suggest me any solution for this.

<!-- -->
                        <!-- -->

<!--
                        -->

OPTIMISTIC

<!--
                        READ_COMMITTED
                        READ_UNCOMMITTED
                        NONE
                        -->

<!-- SERIALIZABLE -->

<!--
                        Valid modes are LOCAL
                        REPL_ASYNC
                        REPL_SYNC
                        -->
                        REPL_ASYNC

<!--
                        -->
                        false

<!--
                        -->

<!--
                        -->

to find each other
                        -->
                        TreeCache-Cluster

-->

loopback="true"/>
                        down_thread="false"/>
                        <FRAG frag_size="8192"

<!--
                        -->

<!--
                        -->

true

<!--
                        JBossCache can use Berkeley DB Java Edition from Sleepycat Software (http://www.sleepycat.com)
                        If you choose to use Berkeley DB Java Edition with JBossCache, you must comply with the terms
                        If you prefer not to release the source code for your own application in order to comply
                        with the Sleepycat public license, you may purchase a different license for use of
                        Contact Sleepycat Software at info@sleepycat.com for pricing and terms for that license
                        -->

true
                        /GLOBALMSG
                        false
                        true

<!-- -->
                        <!-- -->

Thanks in advance.
                        Regards,
                        Biswajit.

• 9. Re: Cache Loader Impl Probs

<!-- -->
                          <!-- -->

<!--
                          -->

OPTIMISTIC

<!--
                          READ_COMMITTED
                          READ_UNCOMMITTED
                          NONE
                          -->

<!-- SERIALIZABLE -->

<!--
                          Valid modes are LOCAL
                          REPL_ASYNC
                          REPL_SYNC
                          -->
                          REPL_ASYNC

<!--
                          -->
                          false

<!--
                          -->

<!--
                          -->

to find each other
                          -->
                          TreeCache-Cluster

-->

loopback="true"/>
                          down_thread="false"/>
                          <FRAG frag_size="8192"

<!--
                          -->

<!--
                          -->

true

<!--
                          -->

true
                          /GLOBALMSG
                          false
                          true

<!-- -->
                          <!-- -->

Sorry this is the correct treecache-service.xml

• 10. Re: Cache Loader Impl Probs

Hi all,

Actually there was some mistake from my side.
                            Because there was some jar version missmatch that's why i thought bug id 608 is not resolved.

But now i avoided that jar version missmatch and i am not getting {jboss:internal:uninitialized=null}

So, now JBossCache-1.4.0CR1 is working great.

Thanks.
                            Biswajit.