2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2007 11:20 AM by manik

hibernate 3.2.2 +   Jalapeno SP1 treecache.xml best practice

Hi there,

As I went through the forum/doc/jira/code in order to get some info about the treecache.xml best practice, here's my questioning.

1-the hibernate-recommended treecache xml (merci Manik!) head revision declares the MBean as a org.jboss.cache.CacheImpl instance. are there any (I suppose so) diffs between the good old org.jboss.cache.TreeCache and the CacheImpl?

2- regarding the eviction policy -which I'd like to benefit from for my application- I've been able to toggle it specifying both evictionPolicyClass and evictionPolicyConfig attributes, but I cannot see them set up in the recommended treecache xml sample. Is that to avoid using the eviction policy feature?

thx people for your answers and your work

7uc0

• 1. Re: hibernate 3.2.2 +   Jalapeno SP1 treecache.xml best prac

Since I wanted to increase my post number, I deliberatly made a mistake in the subject title. Please understand Cayenne instead of Jalapeno !

• 2. Re: hibernate 3.2.2 +   Jalapeno SP1 treecache.xml best prac
            manik

1-the hibernate-recommended treecache xml (merci Manik!) head revision declares the MBean as a org.jboss.cache.CacheImpl instance. are there any (I suppose so) diffs between the good old org.jboss.cache.TreeCache and the CacheImpl?

Yes, a lot! :-) Don't use it with Cayenne or Jalapeno.

2- regarding the eviction policy -which I'd like to benefit from for my application- I've been able to toggle it specifying both evictionPolicyClass and evictionPolicyConfig attributes, but I cannot see them set up in the recommended treecache xml sample. Is that to avoid using the eviction policy feature?

Again, this is because some of these have changed in Habanero (which is in HEAD). The config files are not the same.