1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2007 4:02 AM by abdelrahman

Tutorial Problem

kgwilliams

I'm trying to follow the POJOCache tutorial and have been running into problems. The first problem is that the GUI won't start up most of the time. I get the message "[java] start(): creating the GUI" but then nothing else happens. It took me five tries before I could get the second GUI to pop up for the tutorial the last time I tried.

Also, I'm entering the commands shown in section 7.1 of the tutorial and I run into problems again. The commands in step one usually are fine, but the command to attach the joe Person object always gets me the following error:

// Error: // Uncaught Exception: Method Invocation cache.attach : at Line: 1 : in file: <unknown file> : cache .attach ( "pojo/joe" , joe )

Target exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: PojoCache.putObject(): Object type is neither aspectized nor Serializable nor an array of primitives. Object class name is org.jboss.cache.pojo.test.Person

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: PojoCache.putObject(): Object type is neither aspectized nor Serializable nor an array of primitives. Object class name is org.jboss.cache.pojo.test.Person
       at org.jboss.cache.pojo.util.AopUtil.checkObjectType(AopUtil.java:125)
       at org.jboss.cache.pojo.interceptors.CheckNonSerializableInterceptor.invoke(CheckNonSerializableInterceptor.java:36)
       at org.jboss.aop.advice.PerInstanceInterceptor.invoke(PerInstanceInterceptor.java:105)
       at org.jboss.cache.pojo.impl.PojoCacheImpl$attach_3085019539260813833.invokeNext(PojoCacheImpl$attach_3085019539260813833.java)
       at org.jboss.cache.pojo.interceptors.CheckIdInterceptor.invoke(CheckIdInterceptor.java:33)
       at org.jboss.aop.advice.PerInstanceInterceptor.invoke(PerInstanceInterceptor.java:105)
       at org.jboss.cache.pojo.impl.PojoCacheImpl$attach_3085019539260813833.invokeNext(PojoCacheImpl$attach_3085019539260813833.java)
       at org.jboss.cache.pojo.interceptors.PojoBeginInterceptor.invoke(PojoBeginInterceptor.java:36)
       at org.jboss.cache.pojo.impl.PojoCacheImpl.attach(PojoCacheImpl.java)
       at org.jboss.cache.pojo.impl.PojoCacheImpl.attach(PojoCacheImpl.java:93)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
       at bsh.Reflect.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
       at bsh.Reflect.invokeObjectMethod(Unknown Source)
       at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
       at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(Unknown Source)
       at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)
       at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)
       at bsh.Interpreter.run(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

It looks like the Person object isn't serializable or properly annotated, but since it was provided along with the POJOCache libraries, shouldn't it be? All I have is the class file for the object so I can't even look inside to see what's there.

Is anyone else having these problems? Any suggestions on how to get the tutorial working properly?

Thanks