0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2007 5:41 AM by stevoffm

Real paging with ExtendedDataModel

Hi there,

at first I'd like to ask if I got this right:

The combination of <rich:datascroller> and <rich:dataTable> creates a pageable table. When a page, that is containing this pageable table is loaded, then the COMPLETE content of the table (not only page 1) is loaded in the memory of the server. This means the only thing that is pageable with this component, is the data transfered from server to client.

If thats true then I have some questions:

Is the thing described in this thread- http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=115636&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10

- the only and correct way to create a pageable table with lazy loading (meaning only the pages you really clicked on, are loaded into memory).

Is there further information on using this ExtendedDataModel. Because it seems not quite clear when and why all the overridden functions are called, and how exactly they have to be implemented. Also I have an issue with the set/getRowIndex() methods, that are nevertheless called when I open the page. I found no info about that, yet.

@Richfaces development team: Will there be a built in lazy loading functionality in the near future? It would make sense in my opinion, because the attempt right now, really eats memory, if there is a huge amount of data and if you get the data from a database it is not good at all to load so much data out of it, at once...

Correct me if I got anything wrong and also any help on this issue is really appreciated! I guess/hope I am not the only one who has this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers