4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2008 6:03 AM by mreasy

Does it matter with the warning "Name of XA node not defined

scotthkao

Hello,
      I'm a beginner to JBossCache and JBossTS.
      I'm running 9 standalone JBossCache applications on 9 different machines, with each application on a machine. I use JBossTS as a means to maintain the data integrity. The way I got it to work together is only by:
      1. defining the attribute "TransactionManagerLookupClass" in the jboss xml so as to hook up the TM.
      2. invoking cache.getConfiguration().getRuntimeConfig().getTransactionManager().begin()
      3. invoking cache.getConfiguration().getRuntimeConfig().getTransactionManager().commit() or rollback().

Just the three above. Nothing more I've done to get it work.
      It seems to work correctly. But each time the standalone JBossCache application is launched, an annoying WARN message pops up in the log file as follows:

------------------------------------------------------
      ...[com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TxControl_1] - Name of XA node not defined. Using -53eefec4:11ee:477aefc2:1
      ------------------------------------------------------

I don't know why or when I should set up the XA node. Could any of you tell me what's it gotta do with my JBossCache with transaction? Could there be any potential problems without manually setting the name of the XA node?

Thanks in advance,
      Scott

• 1. Re: Does it matter with the warning
          manik

Hi

I can't say I've ever seen this before - it may well have to do with the fact that JBoss Cache is not an XA resource and hence doesn't go through the steps to register itself as an XA resource with an XA compliant TM.

This should not impact any functionality though, except XA recovery, but in a cache's case this would typically be to flush the cache.

Anyway, I have created a JIRA issue to investigate the WARN message: JBCACHE-1254

Could you please confirm - on the JIRA - the versions of JBoss Cache and JBoss TS, as well as the environment (i.e., within an app server, etc)?

Cheers,
          Manik

• 2. Re: Does it matter with the warning
            scotthkao

"manik.surtani@jboss.com" wrote:
            Hi
            Anyway, I have created a JIRA issue to investigate the WARN message: <a href="http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBCACHE-1254">JBCACHE-1254</a>

Could you please confirm - on the JIRA - the versions of JBoss Cache and JBoss TS, as well as the environment (i.e., within an app server, etc)?

I have no idea how to put the related versions on the JIRA.
            I now place the version info here.
            JBossCache: 2.0.0.GA
            JBossTS: 4.2.3.GA
            Environment: standalone Java application

Thansk,
            Scott

• 3. Re: Does it matter with the warning
              manik

Not a bug in JBC. Rejecting the JIRA.

From the JBossTS guys:

that looks like misconfiguration - that value should be in the default config file. Either they have edited it out the file or the file is not being found. ensure jbossts etc dir is on the classpath (yes the dir itself, not the files in it). then check the file etc/jbossjta-properties.xml file has com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.xa.nodeIdentifier specified in it.

• 4. Re: Does it matter with the warning
                mreasy

Hi,

I get the same warning, but due to jboss.server.data.dir pointing to a custom directory. jbossjta-properties.xml has com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.xa.nodeIdentifier specified.

The default layout
                jboss
                - server
                ---- data
                works, but my layout:
                root
                - data
                - jboss
                -- configname
                results in Name of XA node not defined.

Already tried to add root/data and root/data/tx-object-store to the CP, which did not help.
                Could you exlain what was meant with "jbossts etc dir"?

Thanks