4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2008 12:04 PM by belaban

JGroups ClassCastException

iudoka

I'm having a problem with JBoss Cache after migrating to Java 1.6. Everything runs fine in 1.5, but now I'm getting this strange ClassCastException when I try to start the cache:

org.jgroups.ChannelException: failed loading class
      at org.jgroups.conf.ClassConfigurator.init(ClassConfigurator.java:92)
      at org.jgroups.conf.ClassConfigurator.getInstance(ClassConfigurator.java:112)
      at org.jgroups.stack.ProtocolStack.<init>(ProtocolStack.java:48)
      at org.jgroups.JChannel.<init>(JChannel.java:254)
      at org.jgroups.JChannel.<init>(JChannel.java:234)
      at org.jboss.cache.TreeCache._createService(TreeCache.java:1474)
      at org.jboss.cache.TreeCache.startService(TreeCache.java:1529)
      at org.jboss.cache.aop.PojoCache.startService(PojoCache.java:94)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:271)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:172)
      at com.tite.medicalworks.gui.DatasourceGUIProxy.init(DatasourceGUIProxy.java:282)
      at com.tite.medicalworks.gui.DatasourceGUIProxy.<init>(DatasourceGUIProxy.java:234)
      at com.tite.medicalworks.gui.DatasourceGUIProxy.getInstance(DatasourceGUIProxy.java:370)
      at com.tite.medicalworks.MedicalWorks$2.run(MedicalWorks.java:93)
      at com.tite.medicalworks.gui.MyProgressBar.showDialog(MyProgressBar.java:181)
      at com.tite.medicalworks.MedicalWorks.createAndShowSplashScreen(MedicalWorks.java:155)
      at com.tite.medicalworks.MedicalWorks.main(MedicalWorks.java:130)
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: [Ljava.lang.Object;
      at org.jgroups.util.Util.loadClass(Util.java:1215)
      at org.jgroups.conf.ClassMap.getClassForMap(ClassMap.java:55)
      at org.jgroups.conf.ClassConfigurator.init(ClassConfigurator.java:74)
      ... 16 more

I've updated to the latest version of JGroups (2.2.9.4) and yet I still can't start the cache. Before I updated to the latest version of JGroups I was getting a different exception which complained about not being to find the Address class. I've search around the web and it seems others have run into the same problem, but there is no solution that I have been able to find, if anybody has an idea what could be the problem, please let me know, I'd truly appreciate it.

Thanks.