4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2003 10:02 PM by davidjencks

Hypersonic managed connections error

jbone

I have an app that is using the default Hypersonic database and jboss 3.0.2. The app is under very light load, but is still throwing "No managed connections available" after a couple of days.

I have read a few of the posts on managed connections and have gone back and made sure that all of my connections are being closed in finally blocks, yet the problem persists.

Could this be a problem with the underlying database? Is there a way for me to check on the managed connection pool to see whats going on directly? There have been some posts on tracking down possible leaks but I haven't seen replies to date.

• 1. Re: Hypersonic managed connections error
          davidjencks

Please try jboss 3.0.x from cvs or 3.2 from cvs or maybe the lastest RC. Usually this really turns out to be caused by not closing all connections: latest jboss's warn you and help point out where.

• 2. Re: Hypersonic managed connections error
            jbone

Well, I tried to test with all three - 3.0.6, 3.2RC3, and 3.2RC2. The classes that were working in 3.0.3 are now not deploying. I haven't changed them.

I am lost now. If you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I have a beta server up at several places and I am starting to get nervous.

The deployer on 3.0.6 just says:
            Starting deployment of package: . . .

Similar hangs on the others - no errors thrown.

I have posted this problem already, but if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate.

• 3. Re: Hypersonic managed connections error
              jbone

I realized that the server I'm starting is opening a ServerSocket. This is apparently not to be done in the start() method, as that will cause start to block. I don't know why it worked in 3.0.3, but it did.

Now the only question is how to create the new thread - I keep trying to do so but can't register the thread (or a parent object) after its been created so that other things can write to it. I keep getting a JNDI error.

I know this is going off topic, but anything you can tell me on how to create a simple TCP socket listener would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 4. Re: Hypersonic managed connections error
                davidjencks

I'm pretty confused as to what you are trying to do. There are several places in jboss that use a server socket, some of the invokers (trunk and pooled) and jms come to mind. What exactly are you trying to bind in jndi and why?