2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2004 7:16 AM by kakhaberi

Mysql config -> Trees hiding the forest?

johnnyenglish

"JohnnyEnglish" wrote:
      Hi

My apologies if my searching of the forums was inadequete and I missed this in a previous response.

First off I'm using Jboss 3.2.3 and mysql 4.1.0. I have put the Connector/J jar file in the lib directory of my server and I have create the mysql-ds.xml file and dropped it into the deploy directory.

I also have dropped a war file from a previous Tomcat installation into the deploy directory and I watch the app "attempt" to deploy in the server console.

When the application deploys I see this message in the console (before I can even try and test my db connection.)

My question, is there more I have to do then just dropping the jar and the 'ds' file into the proper directories in my server? I've tried to read the Jboss admin and Dev book (which I bought) but it's vaguer then I am able to use at this stage of my learning.

ANY help would be much appreciated.

Note the "no valid JNDI binding error". Oh and please take into account the application I am deploying is a WAR (no ejb's so no ejb-jar.xml) it will be converted into an EAR once I can get it working properly.

Here's the error I see.
      22:33:59,312 ERROR [MainDeployer] could not start deployment: file:/E:/jboss-3.2.3/server/equinox/deploy/rhcp-
      stats.war
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NamingExcepti
      on: resource-ref: jdbc/rhpDB has no valid JNDI binding. Check the jboss-web/resource-ref.)
      at org.jboss.web.AbstractWebContainer.start(AbstractWebContainer.java:440)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:832)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:642)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:605)
      ....<SNIP>

And my -ds file:
      <datasources>
      <local-tx-datasource>
      <jndi-name>jdbc/rhpDB</jndi-name>
      <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/rhp</connection-url>
      <driver-class>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</driver-class>

... <snipped username and pword out>

</local-tx-datasource>
      </datasources>