0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2007 10:43 AM by dipasab1

rich:tree - drag/drop rerendering

Hi

I'am new at this forum and also to richfaces - now I'm faceing different problems with rich:tree. I have two trees with nested recursiveTreeNodesAdaptor and treeNodesAdaptors. I would like to drag a Node from one tree to the other one. After the DropListener has finished, both trees shuld be rerendered and reflecting the updated model.

My problems are:

1. The model is updated after the DropEvent - no skip to renderResponse

<rich:tree id="dropZone" ajaxSingle="true" immediate="true" bypassUpdates="true" switchType="client" toggleOnClick="true"
       dropListener="#{sysUserAdmin.addBusinessUnitUserRoleAssToSysUser}" eventsQueue="businessUnitUserRoleQueue" acceptedTypes="userRoleAssDragType"
       dropValue="#{userRoleAssDrag}"
       ondrop="$('hiddenDropIndicator').value = new Date();" style="float: left; height: 400px; overflow: auto;">

I have solved this problem by forcing FacesContext directly to renderResponse in my DropListener-Method. But it would be better to provide this declaratively. I tried out nearly every possible combination of attributes, but nothing seems to work. Why?

2. On different parts of my trees I have implemented the included and includedNode attributs. The Problem now is, that the trees are reRendered before the dropListener-Method is invoked - so the trees are not correctly reflecting the state of the bean. If I update the trees with <a4j:commandLink> everything is o.k. I tried to provide own reRender-Zones in the trees but the behaviour is the same.

3. When I use adviseNodeOpened (with Seam 2.0 GA) I get javax.faces.el.MethodNotFoundException see: http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/RF-1713

4. I get the following Errors in the Console
      15:21:32,953 ERROR [STDERR] TreeRendererBase.encodeAjaxChildren()[businessUnitDrop_:0:childsDrop_:8:childsDrop_:0:childsDrop_:0]
      15:21:37,250 WARN [Parameters] Parameters: Invalid chunk ignored.

My draggable treeNodes are definded like this:
      <rich:treeNode id="userRoleAssesNodeDrop"
       dragIndicator=":userRoleIndicator" dragType="userRoleAssDropType" dragValue="#{userRoleAssDrop}"
       icon="img/ui/security/userRoles.gif" iconLeaf="img/ui/security/userRoles.gif">
       <rich:dndParam name="label" value="(#{userRoleAssDrop.userRole.name}) #{userRoleAssDrop.userRole.description}"/>
       <ul style="float: left; width: 100%; margin-bottom: 0;">
       <li class="b" style="float: left; overflow: hidden;">#{userRoleAssDrop.userRole.name}</li>
       <li class="b" style="float: right; width: 250px; overflow: hidden;">#{userRoleAssDrop.userRole.description}</li>
       </ul>
       </rich:treeNode>

5. Without the Seam Annotation @Begin(join = true, flushMode = FlushModeType.MANUAL) on my dropListenener-Methods the PersistenceContext is flushed e.g. written to the database without explicite DAO.store command - is this the normal behaviour of EntityManager or a bug?

6. If I do not reRead the dropped Object from the Persistence Context I get LazsInitializing.... Exceptions - witch is strange with Seam.

@Begin(join = true, flushMode = FlushModeType.MANUAL)
       public void addBusinessUnitUserRoleAssToSysUser(DropEvent event) {
       if (event.getDragValue() != null) {
       BusinessUnitUserRoleAss buura = (BusinessUnitUserRoleAss) event.getDragValue();
       buura = businessUnitUserRoleAssDAO.findById(buura.getId());
       sysUser.addBusinessUnitUserRoleAss(buura);
       List<BusinessUnitUserRoleAss> dummy = new ArrayList<BusinessUnitUserRoleAss>();
       dummy.add(buura);
       loadBusinessUnitsForAssignedUserRoleAss(dummy);
       FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().renderResponse(); // force skip of model update - see
      ms not to work with rich:tree!
       }
       }

Can anybody help me to solve this problems?

Currently I'am using JBoss Seam 2.0 GA, richfaces 3.1.2.SP1, jsf-1_2_06 RI with facelet.

There are the entire tree-definitions if you need more informations:

<fieldset style="width: 48%; clear: none; margin-right: 2%;">
       <legend>Zugewiesene Benutzerrollen nach Geschaeftseinheiten</legend>
       <rich:tree id="dropZone" ajaxSingle="true" immediate="true" bypassUpdates="true" switchType="client" toggleOnClick="true"
       dropListener="#{sysUserAdmin.addBusinessUnitUserRoleAssToSysUser}" eventsQueue="businessUnitUserRoleQueue" acceptedTypes="userRoleAssDragType"
       dropValue="#{userRoleAssDrag}"
       ondrop="$('hiddenDropIndicator').value = new Date();" style="float: left; height: 400px; overflow: auto;">
       <rich:treeNodesAdaptor id="businessUnitDrop" nodes="#{sysUserAdmin.businessUnitsAssigned}" var="roots">
       <rich:treeNode id="businessUnitNodeDrop" icon="img/ui/security/rootBU.gif" iconLeaf="img/ui/security/rootBU.gif">
       <h:outputText value="#{roots.description}"/>

<rich:recursiveTreeNodesAdaptor id="childsDrop" var="child" roots="#{roots.childBusinessUnitsAsList}"
       included="#{sysUserAdmin.hasAssignedBusinessUnitsWithUserRights(child)}"
       nodes="#{child.childBusinessUnitsAsList}">
       <rich:treeNode id="childsNodeDrop" icon="img/ui/security/childBU.gif" iconLeaf="img/ui/security/childBU.gif">
       <li style="float: left; overflow: hidden;">#{child.description}</li>
       <li style="float: right; width: 250px; overflow: hidden;">#{child.name}</li>
       </ul>

<rich:treeNodesAdaptor id="userRoleAssesDrop" var="userRoleAssDrop"
       includedNode="#{sysUserAdmin.hasUserRightForCurrentRole(userRoleAssDrop)}"
       nodes="#{child.businessUnitUserRoleAssAsList}">
       <rich:treeNode id="userRoleAssesNodeDrop"
       dragIndicator=":userRoleIndicator" dragType="userRoleAssDropType" dragValue="#{userRoleAssDrop}"
       <rich:dndParam name="label" value="(#{userRoleAssDrop.userRole.name}) #{userRoleAssDrop.userRole.description}"/>
       <li class="b" style="float: left; overflow: hidden;">#{userRoleAssDrop.userRole.name}</li>
       <li class="b" style="float: right; width: 250px; overflow: hidden;">#{userRoleAssDrop.userRole.description}</li>
       </ul>

<rich:treeNodesAdaptor id="serviceCompsDrop" var="serviceComp" nodes="#{userRoleAssDrop.serviceCompActionsAsList[0]}">
       <rich:treeNode id="serviceCompsNodeDrop" icon="img/ui/security/serviceComp.gif" iconLeaf="img/ui/security/serviceComp.gif">
       <li style="float: left; overflow: hidden;">#{serviceComp.serviceComp.name}</li>
       <li style="float: right; width: 250px; overflow: hidden;">#{serviceComp.serviceComp.description} (BusinessUnitUserRoleAss)</li>
       </ul>

<rich:treeNodesAdaptor id="serviceCompActionsDrop" var="serviceCompAc" nodes="#{serviceComp.serviceComp.serviceCompActions}">
       <rich:treeNode id="serviceCompActionsNodeDrop" icon="img/ui/security/serviceCompAction.gif"
       iconLeaf="img/ui/security/serviceCompAction.gif">
       <li style="float: left; overflow: hidden;">#{serviceCompAc.name}</li>
       <li style="float: right; width: 250px; overflow: hidden;">#{serviceCompAc.description}</li>
       </ul>
       </rich:treeNodesAdaptor>

</rich:recursiveTreeNodesAdaptor>
       </rich:tree>
      </fieldset>

<fieldset style="width: 48%">
       <legend>Benutzerrollen nach Geschaeftseinheiten </legend>
       <rich:tree id="dragZone" ajaxSingle="true" immediate="true" bypassUpdates="true" switchType="client" toggleOnClick="true"
       dropListener="#{sysUserAdmin.removeBusinessUnitUserRoleAssToSysUser}" eventsQueue="businessUnitUserRoleQueue" acceptedTypes="userRoleAssDropType"
       dropValue="#{userRoleAssDrop}"
       ondrop="$('hiddenDropIndicator').value = new Date();"
       style="float: left; height: 400px; overflow: auto;">
       <rich:treeNodesAdaptor id="businessUnitDrag" nodes="#{sysUserAdmin.businessUnits}" var="roots">
       <rich:treeNode id="businessUnitNode" icon="img/ui/security/rootBU.gif" iconLeaf="img/ui/security/rootBU.gif">
       <h:outputText value="#{roots.description}"/>

<rich:recursiveTreeNodesAdaptor id="businessUnitRecursionDrag" var="child" roots="#{roots.childBusinessUnitsAsList}"
       nodes="#{child.childBusinessUnitsAsList}">
       <rich:treeNode id="businessUnitRecursionChildDrag" icon="img/ui/security/childBU.gif" iconLeaf="img/ui/security/childBU.gif">
       <li style="float: left; overflow: hidden;">#{child.description}</li>
       <li style="float: right; width: 250px; overflow: hidden;">#{child.name}</li>
       </ul>

<rich:treeNodesAdaptor id="userRoleAsses" var="userRoleAssDrag" nodes="#{child.businessUnitUserRoleAssAsList}"
       includedNode="#{sysUserAdmin.hasUserRightForCurrentRole(userRoleAssDrag) eq false}">
       <rich:treeNode id="userRoleAssesNodeDrag" dragIndicator=":userRoleIndicator" dragType="userRoleAssDragType"
       dragValue="#{userRoleAssDrag}"
       <rich:dndParam name="label" value="(#{userRoleAssDrag.userRole.name}) #{userRoleAssDrag.userRole.description}"/>
       <li class="b" style="float: left; overflow: hidden;">#{userRoleAssDrag.userRole.name}</li>
       <li class="b" style="float: right; width: 250px; overflow: hidden;">#{userRoleAssDrag.userRole.description}</li>
       </ul>

<rich:treeNodesAdaptor id="serviceCompsDrag" var="serviceComp" nodes="#{userRoleAssDrag.serviceCompActionsAsList[0]}">
       <rich:treeNode id="serviceCompNode" icon="img/ui/security/serviceComp.gif" iconLeaf="img/ui/security/serviceComp.gif">
       <li style="float: left; overflow: hidden;">#{serviceComp.serviceComp.name}</li>
       <li style="float: right; width: 250px; overflow: hidden;">#{serviceComp.serviceComp.description} (BusinessUnitUserRoleAss)</li>
       </ul>

<rich:treeNodesAdaptor id="serviceCompActionsDrag" var="serviceCompAc" nodes="#{serviceComp.serviceComp.serviceCompActions}">
       <rich:treeNode id="serviceCompActionsNodeDrag" icon="img/ui/security/serviceCompAction.gif"
       <li style="float: left; overflow: hidden;">#{serviceCompAc.name}</li>
       <li style="float: right; width: 250px; overflow: hidden;">#{serviceCompAc.description}</li>
       </ul>

<rich:treeNodesAdaptor id="serviceCompUserRoleDrag" var="serviceCompUserRole" nodes="#{userRoleAssDrag.userRole.serviceCompActionsAsList}">
       <rich:treeNode id="serviceCompUserRoleNodeDrag" icon="img/ui/security/serviceComp.gif" iconLeaf="img/ui/security/serviceComp.gif">
       <li style="float: left; overflow: hidden;">#{serviceCompUserRole.serviceComp.name}</li>
       <li style="float: right; width: 250px; overflow: hidden;">#{serviceCompUserRole.serviceComp.description} (UserRoleAss)</li>
       </ul>

<rich:treeNodesAdaptor id="serviceCompActionsUserRoleDrag" var="serviceCompAcUserRole" nodes="#{serviceCompUserRole.serviceComp.serviceCompActions}">
       <rich:treeNode id="serviceCompActionsNodeUserRoleDrag" icon="img/ui/security/serviceCompAction.gif"
       <li style="float: left; overflow: hidden;">#{serviceCompAcUserRole.name}</li>
       <li style="float: right; width: 250px; overflow: hidden;">#{serviceCompAcUserRole.description}</li>
       </ul>
       </rich:recursiveTreeNodesAdaptor>
       </rich:tree>
      </fieldset>

and my dropListeneres:
       public void addBusinessUnitUserRoleAssToSysUser(DropEvent event) {
       sysUser.addBusinessUnitUserRoleAss(buura);
       List<BusinessUnitUserRoleAss> dummy = new ArrayList<BusinessUnitUserRoleAss>();
       dummy.add(buura);
       loadBusinessUnitsForAssignedUserRoleAss(dummy);
       FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().renderResponse(); // force skip of model update - seems not to work with rich:tree!
       }
       }

public void removeBusinessUnitUserRoleAssToSysUser(DropEvent event) {
       sysUser.removeBusinessUnitUserRoleAss(buura);
       childBusinessUnitsAssigned = new HashSet<BusinessUnit>();
       loadBusinessUnitsForAssignedUserRoleAss(sysUser.getBusinessUnitUserRoleAssAsList());
       FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().renderResponse(); // force skip of model update - seems not to work with rich:tree !
       }
       }

I thank you very much for your help.