13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2004 7:53 PM by chaoskitten

Recruit for Nukes

"cooper" wrote:
      "cooper" wrote:
      "cooper" wrote:
      We are looking for people that want to get involved into Nukes. You don't need to be necessarily a developer. Actually we need very much someone that has good HTML+CSS skills, of course developers are welcome to.

We want to push Nukes ahead in the CMS sphere and keep a practical usage and we need people to help to do the push. This CMS is also yours.

There are a lot of other good project we can take inspiration. So far we inspired from Postnuke, PHPBB but I see al lot of other projects very interesting in the PHP world.

julien

• 1. Re: Recruit for Nukes
          noel.rocher

"noel.rocher" wrote:
          "noel.rocher" wrote:
          Hi all,

A good project could be to implement a simple portal that is not a content management system.

Its main features :

- supply a means to re-use a portal user identity/information for automatically connect him to "integrated" or 'connected" applications
          - supply customization features
          - rss feeding
          - Portlets

And not more than this... A PORTAL (the definition is in its name) should be something that leads to other sites/applications (in an enterprise point of view).

Does it make sense ?

• 2. Re: Recruit for Nukes
            siandty

"siandty" wrote:
            "siandty" wrote:
            I like what nuky noel is talking about, it may be simple if the system is architected correctly to have both worlds here. If you can loosely couple the "portal-like" behavior and presentation from a more CMS application-like view that nukes gives. Then Nukes can have both.

I am interested in finding out a lot more about this project, and want to understand the architectural decisions behind not building this with a large portion as JSP where appropriate, and/or highly integrating JSP into the design.

Put me on you list as possible helpers.

• 3. Re: Recruit for Nukes
              jae77

"jae77" wrote:
              "jae77" wrote:
              i'm also interested in finding out more about the project, so also add me to the list of possible helpers.

• 4. Re: Recruit for Nukes
                noel.rocher

"noel.rocher" wrote:
                "noel.rocher" wrote:
                "noel.rocher" wrote:

Its main features :

- supply a means to re-use a portal user identity/information for automatically connect him to "integrated" or 'connected" applications
                - supply customization features
                - rss feeding
                - Portlets

I forgot a search feature (maybe as a spider for "connected" sites only, not applications).

• 5. Re: Recruit for Nukes
                  koncrete

"koncrete" wrote:
                  "koncrete" wrote:
                  maybe a subsystem for event-driven Web application frameworks like the LGPL licenced echo framework by nexapp would make complex gui (sortable lists, date picker ...) development much simpler and a better way to encapsulate components IMHO.

please put me on the list

m.

• 6. Re: Recruit for Nukes
                    jsurfer

"jsurfer" wrote:
                    "jsurfer" wrote:
                    Are there plans to integrate a wiki module?
                    What's the prefered syntax for a Wiki ?
                    If not, how should I start to integrate a Wiki?

• 7. Re: Recruit for Nukes
                      cleveranjos

"CleverAnjos" wrote:
                      "CleverAnjos" wrote:
                      Hi,

I´m starting my studies on Nukes yesterday.

I´ve been developing some modules to PostNuke and PHPNuke, but i belive that Nukes could be in THE CMS infraestructure.

I could help on HTML+CSS+JavaScript and Java too.

Put me on the list, please

Clever Anjos
                      cleveranjos@yahoo.com
                      Brazil

• 8. Re: Recruit for Nukes
                        noel.rocher

"noel.rocher" wrote:
                        "noel.rocher" wrote:
                        Interesting projects for enterprises are :

Groupware : phpGroupware, Projekt, moreGroupware ...
                        Workflow : ???

• 9. Re: Recruit for Nukes
                          noel.rocher

"noel.rocher" wrote:
                          "noel.rocher" wrote:
                          - Enterprise Report system (certainly based on JasperReports)

• 10. Re: Recruit for Nukes
                            raffaeleguidi

"raffaeleguidi" wrote:
                            "raffaeleguidi" wrote:
                            I'm quite interested in using nukes for EIP and integration. Anyhow, count me in

• 11. Re: Recruit for Nukes
                              moosehead

"Moosehead" wrote:
                              "Moosehead" wrote:
                              Hi,

I'm working for a community project for the developpement of new technologies. We now use Lotus QuickPlace for collabaration/CMS between employees (about 40), organizations and partners, we could get easily to a 1000 users. Some of our partners as well as ou organisation uses open source products an we've been looking for an open source solution to replace QuickPlace for at least the past 2 years.

From what we've tested, the latest version of PostNuke was the best but still not enough. We have not tested Nukes yet.

Here's what we think is still missing or what should be included:

-Calendar sharring (like Post calendar).
                              -Images in the News module.
                              -File management with users and groups access (UPdownload module is not bad).
                              -Project and task management (like phpCollab).
                              -Forms with multiple levels of workflow.

I would like to be included in this project and we might be able to have human ressources to develop all this as well as hardware.

• 12. Re: Recruit for Nukes

"cooper" wrote:
                                "cooper" wrote:
                                if you want to be included, we encourage you to start coding

• 13. Re: Recruit for Nukes
                                  chaoskitten

"ChaosKitten" wrote:
                                  "ChaosKitten" wrote:
                                  Hi all,

I've been hunting for an open portal for a while... I've been through several PHP solutions and PostNuke was by far the best... but since I'm a Java developer, and I'm building "javachick.com", I wanted a JAVA solution... so, basically, my reasons for wanting a Java version of nuke was the same as the Jboss team...

As Nuky Noel wrote: A PORTAL (the definition is in its name) should be something that leads to other sites/applications (in an enterprise point of view).... but I tend to disagree that this is what people want when they want a portal FRAMEWORK.

I've been writing modules / portlets (Epicentric / Vignette platform) for over four years, and I'd like to contribute to the Nukes project. I think Nukes is the future of portal frameworks and I want to be a part of it!

Julien, please send me a note to dev@javachick.com

Thanks,
                                  "ChaosKitten"