0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2004 7:07 AM by kabirkhan

Error reporting

kabirkhan

Okey dokey :-)
      -----------------
      KAB:
      Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 14:22 PM Post subject: Re: Unit tests question

I'm currently refamiliarising myself with everything (starting with SMTP), and could look at the error reporting/message bouncing. I should be able to get something up and running.

Having not looked at this in any detail whatsoever yet, my initial guess is something along the lines of:
      -if you are authenticated/the mail comes from a local user, the error report should be delivered to the local mailbox of the sender.
      -if you are not authenticated/the mail comes from a remote user, the error report should be set to the originator

Feel free to correct me, and impose any ideas you have about how this could/should be done, as I am not familiar with this at all yet :-( Should be in a day or two though.
      ----------------
      KAB:
      Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 14:26 PM Post subject: Re: Unit tests question

Aha, found this regarding my earlier post

http://linuxintegrators.com/blog/acoliver/code/?permalink=0116.html
      ----------------
      ANDY:
      Yes I have many questions regarding this as well as you see. Implement something and we can tweak it later. BTW try to remember to start a new thread for each topic. I actually monitor it all with an RSS reader (forums are syndciated)... I'm thinking we should hold off on M1 until I'm back from vacation for the same reason I delayed it last week -- even if we get the stuff working I'd hate to release it and then stick you guys with the potential problems.. I guess I have release anxiety ;-)