6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2003 1:03 AM by julien1

IMPORTANT : nukes uses 3.2.1 now

IMPORTANT : nukes uses 3.2.1 now

nukes version works with 3.2.1 since tonight,
      please repport any issue you have.

julien

• 1. Re: IMPORTANT : nukes uses 3.2.1 now
          rogera

Deployed 3.2.1 then, following instructions under Project set up and populated Hypersonic DB Ok. (Squirrel)
          Copied datasource, nukes build and nukes build deploy all without errors ok.
          Started Jboss that fails following start of deployment section. From the server log:-
          2003-06-06 15:54:33,240 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer] Starting failed
          org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error in jbosscmp-jdbc.xml : datasource-mapping ${nukes.type-mapping} not found
          How might I fix this? or have I missed something in config. Am feeling my way. Tks

• 2. Re: IMPORTANT : nukes uses 3.2.1 now

run first nukes/build/build.bat

julien

• 3. Re: IMPORTANT : nukes uses 3.2.1 now
              rogera

Hi Julien and all - original objective once I had a working build of Jboss was to take an application module such as nukes and gain practice in the process of building and deloying applications to the server. The only way I can get nukes working is using the build/run 321-nukes version that you posted. Now I dont understand why that works when I cant take the 321 build and nukes seperately (CVS or otherwise) and deploy the application to the server myself. I am no further forward in understanding, apart fron knowing that there is a promising, part built application called nukes that runs as as a slightly non-standard 'special' Jboss build. Seems to break first ethos of application servers and deployable/undeployable applications modules at my level of knowledge.
              It have found no working way to deploy nukes to the seperate release 3.2.1 [nor to the CVS 3.2.2beta as an excersise] according the instructions in the tutorial. ( build build followed by build deploy in the respective directories etc). Your answer implied, to me, that I should be able.
              ---
              Back to nukes itself .In the nukes FAQ, the answer containg the items in the list i.e. a) b) etc., are each throwing up sequences of unicodes at the beginning of each item rather than the item bullets.
              ---
              At end of tutorial it says point browser at http://<server[:port]>/nukes. On here it works at http://<server[:port]>/
              ---
              I do understand that these are early days and reiterate that this looks very promising work: This post hopefully does not appear to underestimate the work done thus far.
              I would hope that I might become a more contributor once I have scaled a few more of the learning curve(ss) and mastered a few of the tricks.
              Tks
              Roger

• 4. Re: IMPORTANT : nukes uses 3.2.1 now
                soultracer

I received the following when i do jboss-3.2.1/bin/run.sh, after build and build deploy successfully from nukes(updated from cvs).
                Any idea why?
                Before this it was running alright with 3.2.0RC4.

2003-06-11 18:58:01,456 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] MBeanException: Exception in MBean operation 'checkIncompleteDeployments()'
                Cause: Incomplete Deployment listing:
                Packages waiting for a deployer:

Incompletely deployed packages:
                [org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@7a3ec67e { url=file:/usr/local/jboss-3.2.1/server/default/deploy/nukes-distrib.ear }
                deployer: org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer@180f96c
                status: Deployment FAILED reason: create operation failed for package file:/usr/local/jboss-3.2.1/server/default/tmp/deploy/server/default/deploy/nukes-distrib.ear/24.nukes-distrib.ear-contents/nukes-adminmessages.sar; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: - nested throwable: (java.lang.NullPointerException))
                state: FAILED
                watch: file:/usr/local/jboss-3.2.1/server/default/deploy/nukes-distrib.ear
                lastDeployed: 1055329060577
                lastModified: 1055329057000
                mbeans:
                , org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@314a80a6 { url=file:/usr/local/jboss-3.2.1/server/default/deploy/nukes.ear }
                deployer: org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer@180f96c
                status: Deployment FAILED reason: create operation failed for package file:/usr/local/jboss-3.2.1/server/default/tmp/deploy/server/default/deploy/nukes.ear/25.nukes.ear-contents/nukes.sar; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: org.jboss.nukes.core.modules.core.CoreModule constructor has thrown an error: java.lang.LinkageError: duplicate class definition: org/apache/commons/collections/BeanMap$1; - nested throwable: (RuntimeErrorException: org.jboss.nukes.core.modules.core.CoreModule constructor has thrown an error: java.lang.LinkageError: duplicate class definition: org/apache/commons/collections/BeanMap$1
                Cause: java.lang.LinkageError: duplicate class definition: org/apache/commons/collections/BeanMap$1))
                state: FAILED
                watch: file:/usr/local/jboss-3.2.1/server/default/deploy/nukes.ear
                lastDeployed: 1055329062647
                lastModified: 1055329061000
                mbeans:
                ]MBeans waiting for classes:

MBeans waiting for other MBeans:

• 5. Re: IMPORTANT : nukes uses 3.2.1 now
                  qlk

I'm seeing the same duplicate class exception trying to do a new installation of Nukes from CVS to JBoss 3.2.1 with Tomcat 4.1.24.

• 6. Re: IMPORTANT : nukes uses 3.2.1 now

use jboss-jetty-3.2.1

we are gonna use tomcat soon.

julien