3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2004 7:08 PM by slewsys

500 Error No Context configured to process this request

justinhunt

I get a

500 Error No Context configured to process this request

when I try to run Nukes on Red Hat Linux(7.3 and 9). On windows XP I can access it fine.

I have tried building from source and installing Nukes as per the tutorial and have tried downloading the JBoss/Nukes standalone package, but the result is the same.

Can anyone tell me why? And how i can get it to run?

• 1. Re: 500 Error No Context configured to process this request

I'm having the exact same difficulty. I'm guessing that the issue you are having is that your local.properties file is not properly configured. You can tell if this is your issue by going to your .ear file that was generated by the build and looking at the application.xml file and seeing that your context root is something like "@nukes.context-root@".

If that is your case (in the generated .ear file, not in the source file) then you need to add a line saying "nukes.context-root=/nukes" to your local.properties file.

If you are like me and you go to one of the directories and say "build deploy" and you get an error saying that it can't find the deploy directory then you will want to add a line saying "nukes.deploy.dir=default". Make sure you don't do what I did and add a space at the end of that line or it can't find the "default /deploy" directory :)

Are you, perhaps, using a "non-standard" database? I found this to be an issue because I'm using the properties file for PostgreSQL which is not complete and there weren't any instructions on what was missing. Thankfully the kind people on the forums have been helping...

rjsjr

• 2. Re: 500 Error No Context configured to process this request
            justinhunt

Thanks for your reply. I don't know why I could not get the standalone version to run, but it may be as you said in your post.

In any event, your post did alert me to the fact that doing it by the book, ie the tutorial "NUKES Installation and build", would never work. It is necessary to run "build deploy" and not simply "build" in the final stages. And it also says that the ddl script to set up the database(MySQL) should be got from
            $NUKES_HOME/nukes/src/resources/mysql/setup.ddl
            but this is a red herring. It should actually be got from
            $NUKES_HOME/nukes/output/resources/mysql/setup.ddl
            and appears to be created from the ANT build script.

Anyway after doing it correctly, Nukes was up and running, though there is still an odd error message about a missing file.

Still, Nukes is early stages and undergoing constant changes, so that the (sparse) documentation is out of step with current source is understandable.

Thanks again and good luck

• 3. Re: 500 Error No Context configured to process this request
              slewsys

When I build and install Nukes as per
              <http://jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=InstallUninstallUpgrade>,
              I see this problem under OS X 10.3. For me, the solution is to
              unjar the nukes.ear as follows:

$ cd $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy
              $ jar xf nukes.ear
              $ $JBOSS_HOME/bin/shutdown.sh -S
              $ $JBOSS_HOME/bin/run.sh

At this point, http://localhost:8080/nukes/index.html appears normal.
              Any ideas why this works? Are there problems that I should be aware of? Thanks.