6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2005 12:23 PM by kkane

Eclipse / Jboss-IDE configuration

Hi =)

Could you open up the Error Log View (Window > Show View > Error Log) and paste the stack trace for this error message here?

• 1. Re: Eclipse / Jboss-IDE configuration
          freeride

Hi,

When I check the log, there are only two error messages in the log for today;

problems occurred when invoking code from plugin "org.eclipse.core.runtime".
          problems occurred when invoking code from plugin "org.eclipse.core.runtime".

• 2. Re: Eclipse / Jboss-IDE configuration
            freeride

Just noticed something... Under the Debug configuration
            JBoss 4.0.x - When I select my configuration, the first tab (Home) has a red 'X' and an error message at the top of the screen No Jboss 4.0.x Directory.

So I did a quick test and configured the JBoss 3.2.x, even though I have Jboss 4.0.1 installed... And it does not produce the error message... I then can launch Jboss through the IDE... But when I try to shutdown I get the following error message 'Fatal exception occurred. Program will exit'...

• 3. Re: Eclipse / Jboss-IDE configuration
              oroques

The same problem append when I try tothe first tab (Home) has a red 'X' and an error message at the top of the screen No Jboss 4.0.x Directory.
              create a new Jboss 4.0.x server configuration:

Did you found a patch or a workarounf for this ?

Olivier
              (olivier.roques@fr.ibm.com)

• 4. Re: Eclipse / Jboss-IDE configuration
                kkane

I had the same problem after installing a fresh copy of 4.0.3SP1 with the "Tomcat only" option selected (I used the installer jar). Based on info from another post I re-installed with the "all" option instead and the problem went away.

It appears that the JBoss-IDE configuration page is looking for particular files and/or directories that do not get installed in all configuration options. So, the safest thing seems to be to install everything.

This restriction is fine if there is something that this Eclipse plugin requires to function correctly, however it would be nice if the error message could tell you what it's actually looking for.

Kevin

• 5. Re: Eclipse / Jboss-IDE configuration
                  maxandersen

put it in jira as an improvement request

• 6. Re: Eclipse / Jboss-IDE configuration
                    kkane