3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2006 12:20 PM by Frank Roehler

    jpbm Process Designer question

    Frank Roehler Newbie

      Hello,
      sorry if this question was already asked and maybe also answered.
      I tried to import an existing jPBM workflow. So I created a new jBPM-project and insert the workflowcode in the new .xml-file. I expected that the corresponding graph would be created as graphical view to see or expand it. But it seems to me that the Grahical Designer is working only in one direction, creating code from a graphical designed graph but not vice versa.
      Is this feature not implemented or should I buy new glasses to find the right button?

      Thanks for your answer,
      Frank

        • 1. Re: jpbm Process Designer question
          Koen Aers Master

          Frank,

          This is not (yet) well supported, but normally the drawing should be created with all the nodes appearing in the top-left corner of the graphical area. Do you see something different?
          If yes, please state the exact version of the plug-in that you are using and paste the xml of you processdefinition, so that i can reproduce the problem.

          Regards,
          Koen

          • 2. Re: jpbm Process Designer question
            Frank Roehler Newbie

            Hey Koen,

            thanks for your quick answer. That's what I supposed to find, a bunch of nodes and transitions lying upon each other. But there aren't any of 'em. I tried it twice. First one was a pageflow-definiton for jBoss SEAM. Then I thougt it could be a problem of this framework. So I tried something very simple: I created a new jBPM project in Eclipse and checked the box for creating sample files. After that I copied the jPDL-code from the processdefiniton.xml (the sample file) and deleted the graph in the graphical view. Now the xml-file only contained:

            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
            <process-definition
             xmlns="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.1"
             name="simple">
            </process-definition>


            Now I pasted the code in the processdefinition.xml file.

            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
            <process-definition
             xmlns="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.1"
             name="simple">
             <start-state name="start">
             <task>
             <controller>
             <variable name="color" />
             <variable name="size" />
             </controller>
             </task>
             <transition name="to_state" to="first">
             <action name="action" class="com.sample.action.MessageActionHandler">
             <message>Going to the first state!</message>
             </action>
             </transition>
             </start-state>
             <state name="first">
             <transition name="to_end" to="end">
             <action name="action" class="com.sample.action.MessageActionHandler">
             <message>About to finish!</message>
             </action>
             </transition>
             </state>
             <end-state name="end"></end-state>
            </process-definition>


            I supposed that the graph would be redesigned with its three nodes like it was before. But again nothing happened. Refreshing and rebuilding the project or closing the workspace also doesn't work.
            I'm using Eclipse 3.1.2 with JBoss Eclipse IDE 1.6.0.GA and jBPM 3.1-beta2

            • 3. Re: jpbm Process Designer question
              Frank Roehler Newbie

              Koen,

              while playing around with some different versions of the plugin(s) a few minutes ago I found a solution myself. Seems like talking about it solves most of the problems :)
              It was a problem of the SEAM GPD plugin. With the version 3.0.9 instead of 3.0.7 it works very well. After pasting some new page- or workflowcontent as text in the processdefinition.xml, closing the file and reopening it the graph is designed as a bunch of nodes lying upon each other... like expected. It costed half of my working day but now it works.

              Thanks again for your help.

              Regards,
              Frank