You have a good question. I would also like to use the 1.5 deploy
feature with the latest JBOSSIDE. I like to run the AS in
a seperate terminal (Linux) and deploy/undeploy from eclipse.
This would be a nice feature - I want to do that too.
I have to set some system properties so I changed the run.bat of JBoss (it is also possible to start run.bat with parameters). But I don't know how JBossIDE starts the AS. So I don't know where to put the java system properties. currently i am developing with Eclipse IDE but deploying myself. Is there a fix?
ps: sorry for bad english ~~
To view and edit the AS launch configuration in 2.0beta2:
With a server configured and visible in the JBoss Server view, double click the server entry, or right-click and choose open.
A 'Server Overview' panel will open in the editor view.
Click the 'Open launch configuration' link within this panel.
I found the link "Open launch configuration" but a click on it doesn't do anything. What should happen? New window? New view?
Here are the steps I used to add the server to the JBoss Server view:1. From the JBossIDE toolbar dropdown (Decorated ?J?), choose New->New Server.
2. In the ?New Server? dialog, on the ?Define a New Server? panel, under the JBoss Inc node (Not JBoss), choose ?JBoss AS 4.0? and click Next>.
3. On the ?Create a new JBoss Server Runtime? panel, enter a Name for the Runtime ?JBoss 4.0?.
4. For the runtime ?Home Directory?, click the ?Browse?? button and navigate to the root directory of your JBoss4.0.5 installation; for example, jboss-4.0.5.GA. Click ?OK?.
5. choose your installed Java 5 JRE from the JRE: dropdown list.
6. Select the ?default? ?Configuration?. Click ?Next>?.
7. On the ?Create a New JBoss Server? panel, enter a name for the new server instance: ?JBoss4ins1. Accept the remaining defaults and click Finish.
8. A new server instance named ?JBoss4ins1? should now be visible in the JBoss Server view with a Stopped status.
I already have a server there. I want to add some system properties to the configuration. But the "OPen launch configuration"-link doesn't work and doesn't open anything.
I understand. I thought there might have been some problem when you first added it, so I thought you might try deleting it and adding it again.
My configuration is JBossIDE2.0beta2 bundle and JBoss4.05. I am using a Java 5 JDK. Assuming you followed the same steps, I wonder what could be different in your setup?
back to work from holidays :-)
the only difference is JBoss 4.0.4 instead of 4.0.5. but it should work with 4.0.4 also. so... :-(