3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2007 11:41 AM by rob.stryker

What happen to the Packaging Configuration in RHDS?

nm-156

Can anybody tell me how the project packaging works in the new Redhat Studio? I read this post:

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=57836

but I am not seeing the old Packaging Configuration interface. I do see the XDoclet Configuration option. This option has some similarities (such as "Add Standard"), but it still seems much different than the old packaging.

One of the things that is a disappointment is that I finally got to a point where I understood the packaging in the JBoss IDE. I am hoping that there is something that is close to this in RHDS.

I posted this in the RHDS user forum, but I think it might be better suited here. Sorry for the double post.

• 1. Re: What happen to the Packaging Configuration in RHDS?
          rob.stryker

There is now an archives view that works very similar to the packaging configuration of past versions of the IDE.

• 2. Re: What happen to the Packaging Configuration in RHDS?
            nm-156

Hi, Rob. Thanks for replying.

When I go into Packaging Archives, I choose "Enable Project Specific Settings", and then I click OK, I get a window that says:

"Error has occurred. See error log for more details."

I realize that this is a beta version, but what type of project is "Packaging Archives" valid on? In other words, the JBoss J2EE 1.4 project type is no longer available. Now, the IDE seems more like WebSphere Studio where you build the J2EE project in modules. The only thing is, with the old JBoss IDE packaging, an ant file was produced that could be editted or re-executed.

So what is the project type we would use with "Packaging Archives" in RHDS? Does trying to activate packaging on the wrong project type produce the error that I am receiving? Thanks.

• 3. Re: What happen to the Packaging Configuration in RHDS?
              rob.stryker

I found the error in the code.

What was happening was it was trying to refresh a view, a view you had not opened yet. The view is called the Project Archives View, and you can find it over at Window -> show view -> other, and typing "archives" in the text box.

Through that view, you can create a packaging configuration. It won't generate an editable ant-file, though. I will keep that in mind, though.