3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2007 5:28 AM by speleomaniac

Project structure and Seam

speleomaniac

Hi everybody,

I have a new question.

In our project, we prefer a more traditonal project structure then the Seam Facet creates.

Seam Facet creates the following structure

Test
      Test-ear
      Test-ejb
      Test-test

Our project realities are forcing a more traditional approach like

Test (web application)
      Test-common
      Test-dataEjb
      Test-domain
      Test-EAR
      Test-sessionEjb

Off course I created these project seperatly and I go on them one by one and enabled the Seam Support and naturaly I tried to create a Seam Form in the web application Test, I am receiving the message 'Seam Runtime is not configured for selected Seam Web Project'.

As I said before I enabled Seam Support. Do I have to do something extra other then this?

Thx in advance

• 1. Re: Project structure and Seam
          amitev

When you create the web project you can select for configuration "Dynamic web project with Seam". This will enable seam support for your project. To change the seam configuration right click on the project and select "Seam settings" node.

• 2. Re: Project structure and Seam
            speleomaniac

What you say is only causing to create another project with seam structure.

So again,

test
            test-ejb
            test-EAR
            test-test

• 3. Re: Project structure and Seam
              speleomaniac

My main problem here is that I have to create eclipse projects fitting under our naming conventions and try to keep the project structure as close as possible to Maven.

This brings us to second problem of course, after Seam Facet default project creation, if I go and modify the project name and change the source/resource folders, JBoss Tools and Seam get crazy, I start receiving exceptions....

I am not copying the stacktrace here but if anybody is interested...