4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2008 4:13 AM by laksu

problem configuring testing with Seam project

laksu

Hi,
      We have a project that we had been developing since a year or so with Seam on Netbeans. With the introduction of Seam 2.0.0 we had so many problems migrating it. I am fed up with all and decided to convert to Eclipse based environment as it seems to me JBoss people prefer Eclipse and its ecosystem rather than Netbeans.
      And it turns out to be not as easy task as it sounds: I have JBoss Tools installed on top of Eclipse and created a new Seam project. I have nothing to do with Seam-gen generated stuff so I used this new project (4 projects actually, ear project) as a clean base.
      I have copied my xhtml, java files, components.xml, web.xml, faces-config.xml, navigation etc. into it. Note that, I am using Hibernate instead of JPA. I finally got it working back.
      However when it comes to testing I cannot seem to properly initialize my Hibernate session factory. It feels like Seam does not get initialized or does not use the components.xml. I don't see anything related with hibernate starting up etc in the Embedded container's log. My test is fairly basic It just checks if the Session object "@In"jected by Seam is not null but it fails.
      I am sort of used to hacking the ant file back in the Netbeans but as I said, all this Eclipse+JBoss Tools is new to me. So I would like to learn how to use Hibernate based persistence rather than JPA and still get the testNG/Embedded JBoss based testing configured accordingly.