It depends on features which you want to use.
If you need to use Pallete you can import new TLD into it.
If you mean Visual Editor then unfortunately it does not suport the new components yet.
I just need it on the palette. How do import a new TLD?
RichFaces 3.2 download doesn't have a tld file?
There is TLD in richfaces-ui-3.2.1.GA.jar/META-INF
Just copy this jar into WEB-INF/lib and you will be able to import it to Palette.
Thanks. I had to copy the jars manually in WEB-INF/lib. Also I had to manually copy it on the deploy directory... .default/deploy/MyApp-ear.ear/
and renamed richfaces-api-3.2.0SR1.jar to richfaces-api.jar
But isn't the Wizard supposed to do this for me when I said to have my Own JSF Capability instead of the Server supplied JSF?
What wizard do you use? New Dynamic Web Project?
Im using "New Seam Project Wizard"
Ok. This page (JSF Capabilities) is part of WTP JSF Tools. We just let user to set up the WTP JSF Facet in our wizard.
And it should work if you add Richfaces jars using "Component Libraries" section in "JSF Capabilities" page.
It doesn't copy libs to WEB-INF/lib but it adds them into project classpath and they are avalible for tld importing. Also they are deployed to server.
Coping libs into WEB-INF is just alternative of it.
If it doesn't work in your JBoss Tools, please report it to jira.
How do I post to JIRA?
Sorry. Just new to this processes?
Hmm.. That weird.. The steps are pretty much the same according to most tutorials on JBoss.
Im using Eclipse Europa, and installed Jboss Tools.2.0.1-GA, JbossAS4.2.2.GA and Jboss Seam-2.0.2.SP1
1. Choose New Seam Web Project
2. Set Project Name MyNewProject, Target Runtime JbossAS 4.2 Server, Configurations Dynamic WebProject Seam 2.0(Preview)
3. In the JSF Capabilities I cretead a library and selected the jars that came with Richfaces 3.2
4. On the Generated Project, the WEB-INF/lib folder does have the original rich-faces-ui.jar that came bundled with JbossSeam tools. But the RichFaces 3.2 jars were on a different directory.
5. Now when Apps gets deployed, I am getting a DeploymentException saying it can't find the ..default/deploy/MyApp-ear.ear/rich-faces-ui.jar , So i have to copy the ui.jar from Richfaces 3.2 and then rename it rich-faces-ui.jar.
Anyway, will just log it on JIRA. might be really a bug.
could you post the jira id here ? thanks.