8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2009 3:07 PM by maxandersen

Redeployment loop of ear on jboss AS 5

wdrai

I have configured a packaged exploded ear directly targetted in the deploy directory of a jboss5 server.
      Starting from the first redeployment, the incremental builder then constantly redeploys the ear every 5 seconds without any visible reason.
      I don't know if this is a bug in jboss5, in the jboss tools packaging or a problem in my configuration.

Here are the logs of the deployer :
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,484 DEBUG [org.jboss.seam.contexts.ServletLifecycle] (HDScanner) <<< End initialization
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,484 INFO [org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization] (HDScanner) done initializing Seam
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,484 DEBUG [org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter] (HDScanner) Adding header name: X-Powered-By='Servlet 2.5; JBoss-5.0/JBossWeb-2.0/Tomcat-6.0'
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,500 DEBUG [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment] (HDScanner) Initialized: {WebApplication: /C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/desktop.war/, URL: vfsfile:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/desktop.war/, classLoader: BaseClassLoader@1351fa5{vfsfile:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/desktop.war/}:20258725} jboss.web:j2eeType=WebModule,name=//localhost/desktop,J2EEApplication=none,J2EEServer=none
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,500 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator] (HDScanner) About to create bean: jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfsfile:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/desktop.war/",parent="desktop.ear" with code: org.jboss.deployment.security.WarPolicyConfigurationFacade
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,500 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator] (HDScanner) Created mbean: jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfsfile:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/desktop.war/",parent="desktop.ear"
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,500 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] (HDScanner) Creating service jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfsfile:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/desktop.war/",parent="desktop.ear"
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,500 DEBUG [org.jboss.web.WebPermissionMapping] (HDScanner) Qualified url patterns: {/=PatternInfo[pattern=/,type=3,isOverriden=false,qualifiers=[]]}
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,500 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] (HDScanner) starting service jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfsfile:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/desktop.war/",parent="desktop.ear"
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,500 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator] (HDScanner) About to create bean: jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfszip:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/modules/addressbook.jar",parent="desktop.ear" with code: org.jboss.deployment.security.EjbPolicyConfigurationFacade
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,515 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator] (HDScanner) Created mbean: jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfszip:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/modules/addressbook.jar",parent="desktop.ear"
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,515 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] (HDScanner) Creating service jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfszip:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/modules/addressbook.jar",parent="desktop.ear"
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,515 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] (HDScanner) starting service jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfszip:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/modules/addressbook.jar",parent="desktop.ear"
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,515 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator] (HDScanner) About to create bean: jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfszip:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/persistence.jar/desktop.jar",parent="persistence.jar" with code: org.jboss.deployment.security.EjbPolicyConfigurationFacade
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,515 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator] (HDScanner) Created mbean: jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfszip:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/persistence.jar/desktop.jar",parent="persistence.jar"
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,515 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] (HDScanner) Creating service jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfszip:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/persistence.jar/desktop.jar",parent="persistence.jar"
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,515 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] (HDScanner) starting service jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfszip:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/persistence.jar/desktop.jar",parent="persistence.jar"
      2008-08-15 01:06:23,515 DEBUG [org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl] (HDScanner) Fully Deployed vfsfile:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/
      2008-08-15 01:06:28,546 DEBUG [org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl] (HDScanner) Add deployment: vfsfile:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/
      2008-08-15 01:06:28,546 DEBUG [org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl] (HDScanner) Removing previous deployment: vfsfile:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/
      2008-08-15 01:06:28,546 DEBUG [org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl] (HDScanner) Scheduling undeployment: vfsfile:/C:/workspace-3.1/jboss5/server/default/deploy/desktop.ear/ parent=null

• 1. Re: Redeployment loop of ear on jboss AS 5
          maxandersen

Does the redeployment continue after you shut down Eclipse ?

If yes - JBoss AS problem
          If no - JBoss Tools problem

Let us know...

• 2. Re: Redeployment loop of ear on jboss AS 5
            wdrai

JBoss does not survive the eclipse shutdown.
            The strange thing is the exact 5 mn delay between each redeploy, which looks like a conflict between the WTP publishing and the JBoss Tools, but even after having removed all WTP automatic publishing, this is exactly the same.

• 3. Re: Redeployment loop of ear on jboss AS 5
              wdrai

This definitely looks like a problem with JBoss AS CR1.
              When using an exploded ear, the redeployment process redeploys the application for each and every file which has changed in any metadata directory.
              The packaging archiver seems to touch all files at each build, so it ends up with a redeploy for each file in META-INF/WEB-INF (in my case, that is almost 20 files). After that, the redeployment loop stop.

• 4. Re: Redeployment loop of ear on jboss AS 5

Hi,

Is a sollution found for this problem?
                I'm having it with JBoss5GA.

Nothing to do with jboss tools i believe, behaves the same way when AS is started from cmd.

Greetings,
                Kristof Taveirne

• 5. Re: Redeployment loop of ear on jboss AS 5
                  maxandersen

open a bug against JBAS with the contents of the ear attached or info on how to create it so we can reproduce it. thanks.

• 6. Re: Redeployment loop of ear on jboss AS 5
                    skajotde

"wdrai" wrote:
                    This definitely looks like a problem with JBoss AS CR1.
                    When using an exploded ear, the redeployment process redeploys the application for each and every file which has changed in any metadata directory.
                    The packaging archiver seems to touch all files at each build, so it ends up with a redeploy for each file in META-INF/WEB-INF (in my case, that is almost 20 files). After that, the redeployment loop stop.

It seems that I had the same problem on JBoss 5.0.0.GA na JBoss Tools 3 CR2. I had ear with war. When I clicked on ear "Full publish" ejb beans are created twice. I resolved this and used in click "Full publish" on war in ear, and serivices were created once.

I thought it is problem with JBoss Tools but maybe with JBossAS.

• 7. Re: Redeployment loop of ear on jboss AS 5
                      wdrai

Sorry, I should maybe have updated this post, it seems this will be fixed for 5.0.1.

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6360

• 8. Re: Redeployment loop of ear on jboss AS 5
                        maxandersen

Thanks for that jira ref - confirmed my suspicion