2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2004 10:35 AM by jason.greene

EJB web services

gayathiri

Hello,
      I want to use EJB web services.Can u pls tell me how to create or the steps to create.
      Pls tell me any site which provides the steps..
      i searched a lot but i didnt get the proper directory structure ..where to put the wsdl file whether in META-INF folder or in WEB-INF folder...

Thanks in Advance

Rgds
      Gayathiri

• 1. Re: EJB web services
          prasanna_b2001

Creating Your First Web Service in JAVA (making the EJB as web service)
          In this section we will create a simple web service called GreetingService. This Web service will receive the NAME of the person as an input and returns Hello ?NAME?. Here we will discuss how to make a Session bean as a web service.
          1 Create a remote interface GreetingService.java.
          2 Create a home interface GreetingServiceHome.java.
          3 Create a bean class GreetingServiceBean.java.
          4 Create a web-service.xml.
          5 Compile and deploy the bean in Jboss.
          6 Create the wsr Web service archive file using ANT.
          7 Create GreetingClient.java.
          8 Run the Client.

For more details c jbossnet documentation.

-Prasanna

• 2. Re: EJB web services
            jason.greene

"gayathiri" wrote:
            Hello,
            I want to use EJB web services.Can u pls tell me how to create or the steps to create.
            Pls tell me any site which provides the steps..
            i searched a lot but i didnt get the proper directory structure ..where to put the wsdl file whether in META-INF folder or in WEB-INF folder...

Thanks in Advance

Rgds
            Gayathiri

JBossWS is the J2EE 1.4 spec compliant webservices implementation. JBoss.NET is the legacy web services implementation. JBossWS is only available in jboss 4. If you want to creat a web service using jboss 3.2, then you have to use JBoss.NET. Keep in mind that JBoss.NET is no longer enhanced, and is in bug-fix only mode.

Take a look at the JBossWS wiki for instructions on how to use both.

-Jason