3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2005 9:29 AM by newtonm

WS does not undeploy

thomas.diesler

Its not expected. In jboss-4.0.1 it works for me

• 1. Re: WS does not undeploy
          newtonm

Hi,

I've found a similar problem when undeploying exploded .war files containing web services in JBoss-4.0.1.
          I've put together a simple JSE based web service based on the example in Chapter 12 of the jboss4guide. My war file is called Hello.war.
          If I deploy Hello.war as an exploded directory then the output from the console looks like:

19:51:04,700 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/Hello, warUrl=file:/Users/epiq/JBoss/jboss-4.0.1/server/default/deploy/Hello.war/
          19:51:06,609 INFO [WSDLFilePublisher] WSDL published to: file:/Users/epiq/JBoss/jboss-4.0.1/server/default/data/wsdl/Hello.war/HelloService.wsdl
          19:51:07,556 INFO [AxisService] WSDD published to: /Users/epiq/JBoss/jboss-4.0.1/server/default/data/wsdl/Hello.war/PortComponent.wsdd
          19:51:10,912 INFO [AxisService] Web Service deployed: http://Mark-Newtons-Computer.local:8080/Hello/Hello

Checking the jboss.ws4ee: domain in the jmx-console reveals that the web service has been registered:

jboss.ws4ee

* port-component=Hello.war#PortComponent
          * service=AxisService
          * service=JAFConfigService
          * service=ServiceClientDeployer
          * service=ServiceDeployerEJB
          * service=ServiceDeployerJSE

However when I remove the directory to undeploy the web service, the output from the console says:

19:53:25,488 INFO [TomcatDeployer] undeploy, ctxPath=/Hello, warUrl=file:/Users/epiq/JBoss/jboss-4.0.1/server/default/deploy/Hello.war/

but the web service still appears to be registered as can be seen from the jmx-console:

jboss.ws4ee

* port-component=Hello.war#PortComponent
          * service=AxisService

Copying back the Hello.war/ directory then causes an exception:

19:55:13,186 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/Hello, warUrl=file:/Users/epiq/JBoss/jboss-4.0.1/server/default/deploy/Hello.war/
          19:55:14,140 INFO [WSDLFilePublisher] WSDL published to: file:/Users/epiq/JBoss/jboss-4.0.1/server/default/data/wsdl/Hello.war/HelloService.wsdl
          19:55:14,188 ERROR [ServiceDeployer] Cannot startup webservice for: Hello.war
          org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Cannot deploy webservice; - nested throwable: (RuntimeMBeanException: null Cause: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Service already registerd, maybe the port-component-name is not unique: jboss.ws4ee:port-component=Hello.war#PortComponent)

If I try deploying/undeploying Hello.war as a zipped file then the process appears to work correctly, as can be seen by the additional line displayed during undeployment:

20:00:15,118 INFO [TomcatDeployer] undeploy, ctxPath=/Hello, warUrl=file:/Users/epiq/JBoss/jboss-4.0.1/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp28969Hello.war/
          20:00:15,263 INFO [AxisService] WebService undeployed: http://Mark-Newtons-Computer.local:8080/Hello/Hello

and the absence of the service from the jmx-console:

jboss.ws4ee

* service=AxisService

Could this be something to do with the fact that WEB-INF/web.xml is altered in the exploded war during deployment?

Mark

• 2. Re: WS does not undeploy
            thomas.diesler

Good research, could you create an issue in jira that links to this topic and attach the war to it? Thanks.

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBWS

• 3. Re: WS does not undeploy
              newtonm

A similar problem with undeploying exploded ejb-jars also appears to exist. This is probably what was meant by the initial post in this topic.

Both of these issues have been entered into JIRA:

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBWS-123