Come out for lunch and hear Andrew Rubinger talk about how awesome JBoss AS7 is - ridiculous startup times, minuscule memory footprints, and a myriad of integration points. AND he’ll answer any of your JBoss questions. FREE food and drink!
When: Wednesday June 22nd, 2011, 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Where: 1 North Wacker (UBS Tower) in the Mezzanine Level Meeting Room http://j.mp/jm8fua
RSVP here: http://twtvite.com/ChicagoJBUG20110622
Shiny New Things about JBoss AS 7:
- JBoss AS 7 offers a completely new concurrent classloading model which yields fantastic startup times.
- One of the primary new features of AS 7 is the ability to manage multiple AS instances, spanning multiple physical or virtual machines, from a single control point.
- Much like JBoss AS 3, 4, 5, and 6, JBoss 7 can still be run in "standalone mode"
- AS 7 offers a brand new Command-Line Interface (CLI) which can be used, among other things, to deploy/undeploy applications and batch configure instances.
- Configuration of your JBoss AS instances is simplified through the use of interfaces, groups, and profiles.
JBoss AS 7 is the innovation that will become JBoss EAP 6.
More about Andrew Lee Rubinger:
Advocate for and speaker on testable enterprise Java development, author of "Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1" from O'Reilly Media. Member of the JBoss Application Server development team and technical lead of the ShrinkWrap project. Proudly employed by JBoss / Red Hat.