In JBoss AS 5 there have been significant changes to the configuration of the internal services that provide the foundation for JBoss AS clustering. The basic changes are:
- Consolidation of clustering service deployments in a new deploy/cluster directory. This is simply an effort to group together clustering-related deployments previously scattered around the deploy/ directory. Note there is no need for clustered end-user applications to be deployed in this directory.
- Conversion of the core clustering services from MBean-service configuration (-service.xml) to JBoss Microcontainer POJO configuration (-jboss-beans.xml).
Specifically, changes are:
- Configuration of the HAPartition, HA-JNDI, HA invoker and other services in the the former deploy/cluster-service.xml has been reorganized:
- The HAPartition service is configured via the deploy/cluster/hapartition-jboss-beans.xml file. (Note that in AS 5.0.0.CR2 and earlier this file was called cluster-jboss-beans.xml.)
- The other services previously in cluster-service.xml have been broken out into separate deployments, in order to make it easy for users to remove undesired services.
- HA-JNDI configuration has been moved into a new deploy/cluster/ha-jndi-jboss-beans.xml file.
- HA detached invoker, EJB2 SFSB caching and EJB3 entity cache invalidation service configuration has been moved into a new deploy/cluster/ha-legacy-jboss-beans.xml file.
- Configuration of the service responsible for deploying the contents of the deploy-hasingleton directory has been moved from deploy/deploy-hasingleton-service.xml to deploy/cluster/deploy-hasingleton-jboss-beans.xml.
- The deploy/jboss-web-cluster.sar has been removed. See "On-demand JBoss Cache via the CacheManager service" for the reason for this. The jboss-web-cluster.aop file formally contained in the sar has been moved to deploy/cluster/jbossweb-cluster.aop. This file deploys AOP aspects used to support load-time bytecode weaving of classes used in FIELD granularity web session replication and other PojoCache uses.
- The deploy/ejb3-clustered-sfsbcache-service.xml and deploy/ejb3-entity-cache-service.xml files used to deploy JBoss Cache instances for EJB3 SFSB and entity caching have been removed. See "On-demand JBoss Cache via the CacheManager service" for the reason for this.