Many of AeroGear's primary goals are to provide HTML5 extensions for web applications, both mobile and desktop based.
Today, we are in our prototyping and discovery phases. So it's a great time for you to get involved as part of the AeroGear community and to build something cool!
Web Storage (localStorage, indexedDB, etc...)
- Java application server + services exposed via JAX-RS
- Security. Encrypted data both in transport and on client side
- Java -> JSON -> Java translation
- Incremental Sync. Tracking objects as they change on the client side in localStorage.
- Pluggable with Hibernate
- More soon....
- none yet
Web Sockets (with graceful degradation)
- Ideally, the Web Socket connection will be provided by the app server (AS7)
- Graceful degradation is a must. If Web Sockets isnt available on the client, provide long polling or another Comet based solution.
- Proxy traversal - In many corporate IT environments, Web Sockets will not carry the connection. Using a secure wss:// connection gurantees success in most cases.
- A programming model which integrates nicely with existing frameworks like CDI, GWT, JSF, etc..
- More soon...
- Errai (GWT based): https://github.com/errai/errai/tree/master/errai-bus/src/main/java/org/jboss/errai/bus/server/io/websockets
- RichFaces Push: [link]
- TorqueBox: [link]
- Netty: [link]
In The Works
JBoss AS Modules
- Minification, and optimization
- Device/feature detection CDI extensions
- DeltaSpike Security
- Native push integration